Our Graduate Development Programme is a three-year scheme for people who show great potential in their current field of study (likely to be business, economics, finance or accountancy).
We’ve designed the programme to take you on a journey from graduate to professionally qualified business adviser. In that time, we’ll provide you with a wide range of learning and many new experiences, and you’ll help us give market-leading business advice to support our clients’ growth.
During the three years, you’ll study and revise for your accountancy exams, while also gaining extremely valuable hands-on experience across tax technical, commercial and advisory work – working on genuine high level projects for successful, rapid-growth clients.
By combining formal learning with real world challenges, our programme will give you a superb foundation to build a successful career in Tax.
First things first: your career with us starts with an induction, a welcome to the business, a chance to find out more about us and what your future holds with Team Marcussen.
Shortly after joining, you will be assigned a mentor/sponsor who can act as a source of advice and insight whenever you need it.
Our Graduate Development Programme brings together a series of personal effectiveness modules, commercial tax training and recognised industry qualifications such as ACA and CTA. You’ll learn how to develop and maintain a detailed understanding of taxation regulations, industry standards, best practice and client management.
The areas you will work in include entrepreneurial tax planning, corporate transactional tax structuring, enterprise reliefs and incentives, employee share schemes and business restructuring.
As you take ownership of your career aspirations, we’ll give you all the support, training and practical experience that you’ll need.
At Marcussen we advise some of the UK’s most successful and exciting businesses and entrepreneurs. We are a pure consultancy business, and we’re looking to recruit innovative and motivated individuals to join our Graduate Development Programme – a complete three-year training in commercial tax consultancy, leading to ACA/CTA qualifications.
What we offer
- A full three year learning and development programme, leading to ACA/CTA qualifications
- The opportunity to join a fast moving consultancy group of top professionals
- The chance to work with high profile clients at the top of their game
- Starting salary of £25,000 with incremental pay increases following successful completion of exams
- Competitive pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
What we are looking for
- Outstanding communication skills
- Complex problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Genuine interest in developing an understanding of a client’s business and industry
- Able to work as part of a team to provide an outstanding service
- Able to respond to situations and work outside the box
- Innovative with the ability to think beyond conventional boundaries
- Authentic, responsive and trustworthy
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
For further information please contact Clare Evans.
To apply please send your CV and covering statement telling us all about your experience, why you’d like to join us and what your interest in our world of tax means to you, application should be sent via the apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
plus bonus and benefits c £38,000 following a three-year training programme