Barton Storage Systems Ltd., based in Bilston, is a trade-only supplier of storage, materials handling and access equipment through a nationwide distributor network across the UK. Barton is working with the Department of Digital Transformation in the School of Computing and Digital Technology at Birmingham City University to develop and implement IT and marketing strategies, and bring about organisational change to achieve vertical integration in injection-moulded goods.
This is an exciting opportunity for a business IT graduate to develop and implement a digital transformation strategy. The candidate will be expected to lead and deliver the digital transformation project, managing the expectations of various stakeholders, under the guidance and support of both an academic and a company supervisor throughout the project.
In this role, the graduate (known as the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate) will work in collaboration with leading academics at BCU to apply knowledge and technical innovation, delivered on site at the company. The KTP Associate should have a minimum 2.1 University qualification in a relevant subject field and graduated within the last five years.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme part-funded grant through Innovate UK. KTPs provide 1000+ high calibre jobs working with business across the UK and offer a wide range of benefits including access to a £4,000 Personal Development budget to upskill during the project - more information on https://www.ktp-uk.org/
The successful graduate will be employed by Birmingham City University and will be based at the company in Bilston (WV14 7NG).
The KTP Associate will be supported and mentored by academics from The Department of Digital Transformation in the School of Computing and Digital Technology.
The position is for 24 months.
What we are looking for
Candidates applying should be knowledgeable in the following:
- Applying strategic analysis tools (e.g. value chain analysis)
- Utilising Design Thinking and running design thinking workshops (e.g. using journey maps)
- Process modelling and optimisation – using industry standard tools e.g. BPMN
- Developing & implementing change management plans
- Designing and developing dashboard systems for marketing analytics.
- Preparing training modules and delivering training to stakeholders
- Project management and implementation skills
- You will hold a good first degree (equivalent to a First Class or 2:1 Honours) in a business or business systems or IT degree with experience in systems integration and change management methodologies.
- A Master’s degree in a closely related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Completion of a substantial digital change project in either university or industry.
- Understanding of the complex relationship between people, information, processes and technology.
- Keen interest in the developing enabling strategies to facilitate business growth through organisational change.
- Analysing and redesigning business processes to improve performance and productivity.
- Experience of developing data-driven dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills and should be willing to actively and effectively communicate between a range of specialists.
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and industrial partners will be essential.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills in research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Willingness to take ownership of the project, developing skills in financial, project management, multidisciplinary working, etc.
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills and be confident in dealing with clients. Client management means critical and creative thinking capability so they need to be open, friendly and adaptable.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to take a proactive role that will successfully deliver the work plan in the proposal.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- computer sciences and information technology
Additional job details
- Wolverhampton · Bilston
- £28,000 - £32,000
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interview date: 28 June.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2022