Founded in 2010 by Jonny and Craig at their kitchen tables, DFC has grown into a premier fire engineering company with around 30 team members.
Working on projects small and large, we focus on delivering quality service to our clients while remaining true to our founding philosophy.
Our staff are passionate about fire engineering, about advancing the industry, challenging and developing themselves and contributing to the company. That being said, we have weekly meetings to make sure staff are not over-loaded and regularly turn down new work rather than over-load our staff as we have strong views on maintaining a work life balance.
We have strong ties to the wider fire safety engineering industry. Several staff members contribute to, or chair, British Standard committees and other industry bodies.
Currently we have seven Chartered Fire Engineers, with several more in the latter stages of the process. We support the route to Chartership through the Engineering Council and Institution of Fire Engineers.
We have strong ties with academia also, undertaking regular company trips to universities for on-going knowledge development. We provide support to academia and students by sponsoring university research.
What do our graduate engineers do on a day to day basis? Well, one of current graduates wrote the following:
- Understand and use codes and standards.
- Fire strategy sketches/ compartmentation drawings.
- Contribute to fire strategy reports.
- Contribute to team discussions.
- Research fire safety matters.
- Accompany senior engineers to meetings.
- Continuous training and development.
We encourage graduates to gain a wide range of experience so they can find what they truly enjoy. In addition to the above points, graduates also build CFD models, undertake calculations and analysis, assist with on-site inspections, draft fee proposals, and even play a part in the recruitment process.
Our 2019 Graduate Engineer intake also included Weimiao, who earlier this year had her one year anniversary with DFC and has recently been promoted. You can read more about her experience in her first year at DFC in her blog post on our website.
- Company-wide bonus.
- 30 days annual leave.
- Individual IT package including MacBook Pro and iPhone.
- Flexible working.
- Cycle to Work benefits.
- Generous pension contributions.
- Generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave policies
- We have been very open about our recruitment process, read about it on our website.
We want you to succeed.
What we are looking for
- An ongoing interest in the developing fire engineering industry.
- A desire to work on a wide range of buildings across a wide range of sectors.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, design team members, clients and other key stakeholders.
- A proactive approach to supporting colleagues with technical challenges, encouraging innovation and team working.
- The attitude to grow, learn, develop and contribute to a rapidly growing independent consultancy.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment