This two year, fixed term role provides the opportunity to work in each team in the assets and growth directorate, which includes the repairs and maintenance service, planned works team, strategy and innovation and new homes and regeneration team. You will spend six months in each team, working on projects and service delivery which, will help you to grow your skills and gain experience across all the functions within assets and growth and give you a broad understanding of the work we do to provide safe, well-maintained and sustainable homes for our customers.
The opportunities to learn in this role will provide an excellent foundation in key aspects of the provision of affordable housing.
To be successful you will need to work collaboratively with colleagues across the team and wider business. You will be given your own portfolio of projects and work colleagues to achieve the agreed outcomes for the directorate.
What will you be doing here?
- You will be working with the strategy and innovation manager, supporting their work on transformational change, policy development, and assessing the usefulness of programmes to deliver improved outcomes for customers.
- You will liaise with all colleagues across Silva Homes, both within assets & growth and the wider business to achieve the directorates business objectives.
- You will continually develop these relationships being open, honest and accountable in the work that you undertake.
- You will assist the lead growth partner (new homes & regeneration) on the development of new affordable housing and regeneration of existing homes.
- You will develop your understanding of the regulatory standards and statutory environment that housing associations are required to operate within.
- You will work with the lead partner for planned works to help deliver agreed outcomes, e.g., supporting Landlord compliance activities and delivery of a programme of planned works to improve and maintain Silva’s housing stock.
- You will support the smooth-running of the repairs and maintenance service including repairs planning and scheduling and other operational support functions.
- You will be trained to record and update information on databases and IT systems according to the requirements of the role.
- You will undertake any other work that is commensurate with your role and in keeping with the work of assets & growth.
What we are looking for
- A great personality as you will be meeting customers and colleagues, enabling positive relationships with people inside and outside the organisation is an important part of the role
- Be ambitious, want to develop your career in the provision of affordable housing.
- Experience of using a variety of IT systems or willingness to learn.
- Be familiar with the work that housing associations undertake in the development, management and maintenance of affordable housing
- Someone who wants to learn, a committed, hardworking individual looking to excel in and progress their career who is open-minded and adaptable to change.
- Want to take on additional learning opportunities to gain further professional qualifications.
- Degree in a housing, property management, construction or environment related subject
Silva Homes is an independent, not-for-profit housing association. We manage over 6,500 rented properties, 1,000 shared ownership properties and 2,500 garages in south-east England. Our rented, leasehold, shared ownership and independent living homes give over 14,000 people an affordable place to call their own.
Accepted degree subjects
- environmental science and ecology
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- planning and surveying
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
Pension contributions; 25 days holiday plus stats plus three organisational designated days; private health insurance; buy and sell leave; life assurance; L&D fees covered; eye tests/glasses contributions; wellbeing vouchers
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 June 2022