As a member of the IS team, to assist the Network Manager, in providing general first line support on all IT and AV issues.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Administrative support for various aspects of the Helpdesk, including responding to and resolving first line customer queries (email and phone).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting circa 1000 staff and students with their IS needs and requirements.
- Administration of security systems such as CCTV, Door entry and Gate control.
- Assisting with first line maintenance and fault diagnostics on hardware, software (Merlin, Microsoft Office, other academic and operational software packages) audio visual and production equipment.
- Contribute towards improving and streamlining processes, assisting with the introduction of automation where possible.
- Assist in software and hardware rollouts, operating system deployments and updates.
- Assisting staff and students with the operation of IT and AV equipment.
- Participate in research and equipment trials
- Assisting with workshop maintenance, including in-house and regulatory equipment testing and stores/spares management
- Assist with the supervision of contract labour
- Assist with the creation of multi-media content for teaching and PR
- Assist with software deployment
- To actively promote good working practice with a focus on communications, administration and user satisfaction
- Contribute to discussions and debate on key school issues as a member of the IS team
- Promote the ethos of the school with all stakeholders including staff, pupils, parents, governors and business partners
- Undertake other reasonable tasks relevant to the needs of the School as the need
The IS department has core responsibilities for maintaining and supporting all computer equipment, including the network infrastructure, audio visual systems in classrooms plus sound and lighting support for all our indoor and outdoor performance venues. In addition, the department is responsible for the operation and development of the School's Management Information System (MIS) known as Merlin. Merlin provides all the key information for administration of the school from timetabling and pupil achievements / academic tracking to internal and external exam management in addition to data processing and communications. The department is also responsible for all telephone systems and security access arrangements.
The Software Development team are responsible for the design and implementation of Merlin, our main Management Information System, as well as four additional department specific management systems, in-house software for use on touch screens, and a number of mobile-ready, responsive websites for use by pupils, parents, staff and the wider Downe House community.
In addition, we offer IT Training to staff and pupils on any software we develop, as well as the full Office Suite. The School invests in a comprehensive programme to support and develop staff with the requisite IT skill set. IT training is available at various INSET sessions during the year as well as dedicated one to one sessions which staff can book at any time. There are also sessions specifically devoted to new staff joining Downe House.
All boarding houses accommodate computers that are available for the exclusive use of students. Students each have their own login that they use to access their files and their email whilst at School or at home. All boarding houses and classrooms offer wireless connectivity and all internet access is filtered and age appropriate. Students have access to a dedicated intranet/extranet known as 'Elaine' while at school or at home which allows students to retrieve a broad range of learning resources, interact with teachers and tutors and keep up to date on all the available activities each week.
Parents also have secure access to the Downe House Extranet which contains key academic/pastoral information pertaining to their daughter, plus key event information. Many services are now available on-line.
- Logical thinker
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A highly organised individual
- Wide range of administrative skills (including planning, scheduling and organising)
- Empathy / listening skills
- Keen to learn and develop
- Prior experience of working in a customer facing/end user environment competent Microsoft Office suite user
- Passion for IT, in particular providing support and solutions to users.
- Prior experience of working within an IT Support environment (two years minimum)
- A committed, flexible, technically minded and forward thinking individual
- A track record of providing first line technical support
- Ability to take on administration requirements and bring about organised solutions
- Experience of third party software evaluation, configuration and implementation
Accepted degree subjects
25 days holiday plus all Bank Holidays, free meals, uniform and training
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 1
For further information about the role and to learn more about Downe House please look at our website www.downehouse.net
Closing date: 22/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/02/2018