Learn about how business works
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to use and develop their skills, working with a dynamic management team in evolving a successful manufacturing business from good to great.
- Experience preferred but not essential
- Business or STEM graduates preferred
- High computer literacy important
This role will suit a people person with the capabilities, drive and determination to make a significant difference to the business through improving its business systems (Processes, Technology and Performance Metrics).
This scheme will give you the chance to learn and use skills that will support you in a wide range of business roles and functions.
The role will suit a recently qualified graduate ideally with a STEM or business management degree and an affinity with IT systems development. We want to leverage your skills and enthusiasm and combine it with our experience to really move the company on.
The role will progress through all the functions of the business so as to give you a complete understanding of how the business runs and how the various elements fit together. The aim will be to contribute to our continuous improvement programme as you move through the various business functions. A further key element of the role will be to support the systemisation of our processes and their strategic performance metrics as we develop them.
We are looking for a commitment for two - three years in this training role by which time you will be ready to move on or step into a more managerial role within the company as you prefer.
Concept Cables is a small dynamic cable company that was founded in 2002. It occupies a niche position beneath the big multinational players that serve the consumer, construction and industrial multi kilometre and catalogue markets. It predominantly serves the sub-sea, and land based oil and gas, scientific, environmental and defence markets as well as a number of other specialist areas. It has proven to be very resilient to market fluctuations and has successfully developed new customers and markets whenever there is a downturn in any elements of its existing portfolio. It produces a varied range of products ranging from complex multi-element Remote Operated Vehicle tether cables to specialist lighting and Hi Fi cables. It offers a full design and development service and is well known in its market space with a reputation for technical excellence and great customer service.
- Good people person as need to gain the respect, cooperation and engagement of all staff within a small/medium sized company
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A self-motivated individual who can maintain progress when all around are tied up in the day-to-day running of the business.
- Someone keen to learn with wide interests who enjoys acquiring new skills and knowledge
- A logical mind to identify the truly value-add activities within the business processes
- Hands on approach recognising the need to be pragmatic in a small/medium business environment
- Good MS office skills are a pre-requisite and some programming experience would also be useful
Accepted degree subjects
physics · mathematics · chemical engineering · business and management studies · chemistry · materials science · engineering management
Workplace pension scheme
Dorset · Salisbury · Yeovil
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 29/07/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 27/07/2017