As a graduate you will be joining a two-year rotational programme to get a feel for the core areas of the business. The programme has been developed to provide graduates with the knowledge, tools, and support to be successful within Goodfellow, allowing them to have the opportunity to progress within the organisation.
The programme will consist of 4x6-month rotational placements over a two-year period, starting in Sales and Service with a choice of three other placements in the following:
- Technical and production
- Supply Chain
- Quality and compliance
In order to support our graduates to succeed within the programme you will:
- Undergo a weeks’ long initial induction programme to cover areas such as: company knowledge; basic understanding of how the organisation operates; IT systems; work culture; team building etc.
- Have the support of both a line manager and a ‘graduate programme manager’ whose role it will be to help guide them through the programme, carry out performance reviews with the line manager to look at broader skills development, identify placements.
- Receive ‘soft skill’ training scheduled throughout their first two years in areas such as time management; communication; presentation skills.
What we are looking for
- Drive, enthusiasm, a ‘can do’ attitude, with the ability to think for yourself and take responsibility for your actions from day one
- Good time management and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active and independent achiever, self-learner, able to handle a task from idea to production, able to take ownership of the tasks at hand
- Core Office 365 skills and other digital tools
- Has the right to work in the UK
Already graduated or be due to graduate in 2021 with a minimum 2:1 degree in a science or numeric-focussed subject such as: maths, chemistry, engineering, physics, material sciences
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- materials science
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
22 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing by one day each year of service to a maximum of 25 days; pension scheme with a 5% employer’s contribution and 4% contribution from you; life Assurance; private medical insurance; Employee Assistance Programme
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you feel that you are ideal for the role, via the Apply button. Please note that the application deadline may be changed to reflect the volume of applications received.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 September 2021