We are seeking ambitious and sharp-minded graduates from all degree subjects to start their career with us as a Recruitment Consultant in our central Birmingham office based in the vibrant Jewellery Quarter.
Constant support and guidance will be provided to you as you develop as a consultant and plenty of opportunities for progression will be available, as our business strategy is focused on organic growth for the future.
- Working Monday to Friday in a fast paced office environment as part of a team within one of our specialist sectors; human resources, accounting and finance, technology, property management, social housing and procurement
- Carrying out targeted business development and account management calls to clients in your portfolio as part of daily marketing sessions
- Screening and shortlisting professional candidates over the telephone and in person to assess suitability for positions and advise them of opportunities available
- Providing consultation and liaising with clients to organise interviews and candidate bookings within tight deadlines, completing all necessary administration
- Not only will you enjoy a very competitive base starting salary of £21,500 and commission structure from day one with no thresholds, we also offer great benefits and incentives;
- Free gym membership: you will be entitled to free corporate gym membership.
- Monthly / quarterly prizes: such as iPads, extra holidays or a visit to a spa.
- Holiday allocation: our holidays start at a generous 23 days per year (plus eight bank holidays), rising to 25 (plus eight) after two years.
- Flexible working incentive: hit your targets and take advantage of either finishing early or starting late once a month for the next quarter, with additional flexible working for senior staff as you progress.
- Social events: end of month drinks, food or an activity as an office and quarterly companywide events; for example Ascot Races and our annual black tie Christmas party.
- Vision days: spend time with our Directors to discuss ideas for improvements to company processes and policies.
- Structured training programme: unrivalled training programme performed by individuals with a wealth of experience and unprecedented success within the recruitment industry.
- Realistic targets: set and reviewed each month in your appraisal with your line manager.
- Progression and development: progress onto path to Senior Consultant after just 12 months and onto management in as little as three years.
- Investors in People (Silver): we are independently audited every 18 months and the standards we are expected to meet when managing our employees are extremely high.
- Four day working week: based on our projected growth this is our ambition for the near future.
Recruitment is a profession most people tend to fall into when they aren’t sure which career path to take but who want a long term career with high earning potential. Recruitment agencies are used by almost every industry opening up a whole world of future possibilities. You will learn a range of highly sought after skills including; consultation, negotiation, networking, problem solving, marketing, business development and account management.
A career in recruitment is ideal for dynamic and proactive individuals who are looking to work in a vibrant and social environment with opportunities for progression. It’s an exciting, varied and fast-paced role, which means you will need to be adaptable and solve problems, but you will get support and encouragement from every member of the team from your first day and beyond.
From the very first day you join your training and continued personal development are our priorities, which is why we dedicate a budget of over £225,000 every year exclusively for training. All training will be delivered by experienced Senior Consultants up to Director Level who have a wealth of experience and unprecedented success within the recruitment industry. Once this thorough induction has been completed, and throughout your career, you will receive continuous training and your career development will be regularly reviewed and encouraged.
Our Birmingham office opened in 2010 and is perfectly located overlooking St Paul’s Square in the Jewellery Quarter just a short walk from New Street and Snow Hill train stations. We have recently completed a state of the art office transformation, featuring a brand new ‘chill out zone’ with a meditation room, TV and gaming system, football table and lunch facilities – a great place to take a break from the busy office environment or have a Friday afternoon beer with your team before a night out in the city. We are close to many of Birmingham’s top rated independent bars and restaurants and are located above The Rectory Bar which we often frequent for a drink after work. Our objective in Birmingham, is to grow to a 40 person office in 2020, reflecting our ambition for future growth. This will present even more opportunities for internal progression, which is in line with our business strategy focusing on organic growth for the future.
What we are looking for
- Hungry for sales
- Goal orientated
- A strong communicator (verbal & written)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A team player
2:1 Honours degree – any subject (2:2 will be considered provided they also meet the criteria of A levels and GCSEs below;)
- A Levels – minimum of three graded C and above
- GCSEs – minimum of eight graded A*- C (including English and maths)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
Uncapped commission (OTE in excess of £28,000 in the first 18-24 months)
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020