Beach and Associates is an independent global reinsurance broker with a reputation for placing reinsurance programs covering complex and technical books of business, at the best available market terms. We are looking for exceptional candidates to perform in a challenging Assistant Broker role.
As part of a two-year graduate programme the successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of the business, working directly with senior members of the team and look to obtain their professional ACII qualifications. The role would potentially allow for international exposure and a secondment to a direct broker. There would also be on the job training in analytics and modelling.
Depending in the candidates’ strengths, there are opportunities to develop down either a more technical broker and account management route or more closely orientated to broking and business development.
- Support the brokers and account managers with the management and maintenance of existing client relationships and the development of new ones
- Assist with the production of high quality presentations, submissions and documentation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the client’s business, as part of developing tailor-made solutions to assist the Account Handlers
- Interprets analytical results, in order to evaluate and compare different (re)insurance prices and strategies
The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively as part of a global business in a dynamic environment. They will be able to demonstrate a keen interest in insurance and be willing to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a strong client focus and delivering exceptional performance.
- Demonstrable interest in insurance
- Exceptional analytical skills
- First-class interpersonal skills including relationship building and account management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Charismatic and competitive with strong negotiation skills
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving
- Strong communications (verbal and written(
- Exceptional time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
Degree education – 2:1 minimum.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Josie Mula via the apply now button.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 02/01/2017