Do you want to take the next step in your career with a company that has been recognised as a great place to work?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “to deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
GTC are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for a Graduate Software Developer to support and develop key systems within the organisation. Through our graduate mentoring programme, the candidate will receive training and guidance, allowing them to progress their software development career.
Responsibilities will include -
- Support and development of key business systems.
- Work on individual projects as part of the graduate programme.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the existing code base.
- Over time build responsibility for the day-to-day management of our systems including bug resolution and database management.
- In collaboration with colleagues, ensure system and data security is maintained.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and standards, helping to develop these where appropriate. Adhere to and further best practice in all aspects of the job.
- Other development or related work as may be deemed necessary by the IT Director.
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with excellent analytical skills with a strong ability to write software code. You will be able to work independently to research and find solutions to problems.
Technical (academic or practice-based) experience
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of SQL
- HTML experience
- Extensive coding experience in any language (whether personal, academic or professional)
- Ability to creatively arrive at technical solutions.
- Strong technical and analytical background
- A passion for coding
While previous experience in the sector is not necessary, the graduate will hold a degree (or similar) in computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, electronics or related subject.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- biology and life sciences
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
Additional job details
- Suffolk · Woolpit
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2021