The day of the Banker & the Consultant is over - technology won. Starting your career as a high performance software engineer opens up every industry: allowing you to shape your own future and fast track your career. It is the banking and consulting of 20 years ago.
We offer a 2-year graduate programme involving:
- exceptional training to turn you into a world class developer. This also includes the most highly effective professional training, which we've taken from world-renowned consulting companies; and
- hands on experience at some of the world’s largest companies.
No one can guarantee that you will be a future technology leader, but we can guarantee that we’ll give you the tools to be so, if you’re willing to learn.
We are a team of people motivated by excellence and education. We’ve worked at some of the world’s leading organisations from investment banks to management consultancies.
We have two fundamental beliefs:
- exceptional talent is missed every day: opportunity is not equally distributed, so we place enormous emphasis on investing in our graduates so you control your own future at the end of 2 years; and
- we believe exceptional training changes outcomes: at our core is using the most effective learning techniques to help you to become proficient and then to excel.
What we offer
- The training: a 12 week programme covering full stack development: HTML/CSS, ES6 & React, JS, SQL, introductory data science (Python, pandas, regression) and best practise industry fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Test Driven Development (TDD), agile methodologies). More importantly, you’ll be able to teach yourself any language and use these tools to do amazing things. The training is free but unpaid. We then aim to employ 100% of our graduates on £30,000 salaries.
- The role: after the training, you'll work for two years helping clients solve real world problems. This critical hands on experience will be supported by ongoing technical and professional development and mentoring;
- The goal: at the end of the two years, you'll join our network: >100 senior managers at the world's leading organisations, all committed to help Sigma Labs alumni. You’ll be able to earn £40k-£50k at this point.
What we are looking for
- A desire to learn to code: the single most important criteria is a desire to start your career as a developer. This is surprisingly easy to demonstrate – just try a little coding, and tell us why you enjoy it – please visit our website for some great simple resources to start to learn;
- Communication: the second most important criteria is that you’re able to communicate clearly. Again please visit our website for examples to make it easy to demonstrate or to practise if you need);
- Other attributes: after this you’re probably curious, enjoy problem solving and learning; persistent when you decide something and you enjoy going the extra mile to help others and do a good job;
- Economic: at least one of the following: grown up in a household with income <£43k, state school education, been eligible for free school meals or local authority care;
- Right to work in the UK: UK Passport, EEA/EU Settled Status, Indefinite Leave to Remain (unfortunately we cannot sponsor Visas).
- Education: be graduating or graduated from University in the last three years with either:
- 2:2 or higher. The subject isn’t as important as being a good fit for what we’re looking for; or
- if you didn’t get a 2:2 or better (but still graduated), then you received at least an A or B in one STEM subject. We need to know that you’re comfortable with numbers and enjoy solving problems, e.g. maybe you got an A in Maths but got C’s in your other subjects, etc.;
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- London · We expect the training for the September cohort to be face-to-face. Following training, all of the roles will be based in London
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please visit the Careers page of our website, we provide tips and advice about how to do well on the application. And if you'd like to talk to someone from Sigma, you can easily book a quick call.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 June 2021