12-15 weeks of proven high-quality technical and professional training in a wide range of skills that are in high demand followed by work in a London-based role using technology to make a positive impact;
- Training like it should be: “This is what university should have been” and “by the end I was work-ready” - even though it is largely remote learning and unpaid our consultants consistently praise our level of support with attentive coaches who make themselves available through regular 121s and low trainee/coach ratios;
- Training is just the beginning: we provide coaching, mentoring, technical support, high-performance mindset training and more while you work for our clients with the aim of life-long success;
- Our commitment to you is to get you into a technology role: we can’t guarantee a particular role or industry but we work hard at placing people where they have the opportunity to thrive;
- You don’t need coding experience to apply as we will support you so you are ready for the technical assessment at the end of our hiring process. We will also support you before the start of training so that you are where you need to be;
- We will provide laptops and cover any travel and accommodation expenses during training.
- Training is unpaid. If placed with a client the Year 1 salary is £30,000 p.a. and the Year 2 salary is £38,000 p.a.
What we are looking for
We hire graduates from STEM and non-STEM backgrounds and the vast majority of our trainees are not computer science graduates.
You’ll fit right in at Sigma Labs if you:
- see a job as an opportunity to learn and make an impact, not just a destination;
- love to learn and not scared to try;
- value collaboration to reach your goals;
- can logically think through a problem and clearly explain the solution;
- will go above and beyond to be a difference-maker.
As a B-Corp with social mobility at the heart of our mission, we particularly want to hear from people who are not well represented in technology and high-performance jobs including female candidates and those from low-income backgrounds.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis using the following. You must have:
Economic: at least one of the following applied to you between the ages of 11 and 16:
- grew up in a household with a total annual income of less than £43k;
- attended a non-academically selective state school;
- were eligible for free school meals; or
- received local authority care.
- We will also consider those who received university benefits. We do not accept applications from anyone who attended a private school in the UK or abroad.
Education: received, or expect to receive, at least a 2ii from a UK university in any multi-year degree since 2018. If you graduated with a 3rd we will consider you if you received at least an A in a STEM A-level.
Right to work in the UK: a successful candidate must have the ability to work in the UK for at least 3 years from the start of training. Typically this means that one of the following applies: have a UK passport, EU/EEA Settled Status or Indefinite Leave to Remain (currently we do not sponsor visas).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- London · Epworth House, 25 City Rd, London EC1Y 1AA
in year 1 if placed, £38,000 in Year 2
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
We have start dates throughout the year check website for details.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 November 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 November 2024