We are looking for a Graduate Vision Engineer, who will work primarily on OB locations and at our Greenford base with occasional work at other Timeline locations as necessary to cover programme and maintenance needs. The Graduate Vision Engineer is expected to achieve high level skill in the maintaining, aligning, modifying and operating the wide range of broadcast equipment and systems deployed, OB Trucks and any other Timeline business environments. The Engineer is required to work at the highest level of technical complexity under programme and/or operational pressures.
This a two-year development programme including secondments to various engineering departments, giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop practical skills for an exciting and rewarding career in vision engineering. As a graduate trainee, you can expect to put all the theory you have learnt at university into practice within an innovative organisation that will put you at the forefront of new and exciting developments in broadcast technology, and prepare you for long-term career.
Our Graduate Vision Engineer role could be right for you if you are interested in pursuing one of the following careers:
- Outside Broadcast Vision Engineer
- Guarantee Engineer
- Outside Broadcast Engineer
- Maintenance and operation of equipment used on OB trucks, flyaways and other Timeline installations
- Supporting the development of innovative solutions
- Working collaboratively with production teams and Timeline colleagues to ensure that operational and production needs are effectively and efficiently met
- Ensuring that technical faults are cleared, or alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented with the minimum loss of time
- Accurate line-up of vision monitoring facilities
- Rigging and operating equipment as required
- Operating camera colour balance and other engineering set up controls
- Involvement with build and refurbishment projects
- Developing skills and knowledge within the broadcast industry.
Following appropriate training and as required, performing general operational duties including:
- Opening and closing OB truck ready for travel
- Dealing with mains power feeds, ensuring for safe operation
- Operating and managing RF systems
- Sound, camera and vision systems rigging, movement and de-rigging
- Rigging and de-rigging of monitors, and a wide range of ancillary OB equipment
You will hit the ground running, working directly alongside our skilled engineers, getting hands-on experience on projects in outside broadcasts and studio productions for our major broadcast clients. After a full induction, we will also offer you a mix of internal and external training, and you will be able to gain access to your own mentor to support your career development.
Why join Timeline Television?
In addition to being part of a company that is at the forefront of cutting-edge broadcast technology, we offer a range of perks and benefits such as the cycle to work scheme, private health care, a medical cashback scheme and a ‘legendary’ Christmas party.
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects that really matter, and we offer a variety of training and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and experience of vision, sound, routing, communication, RF, IP and computer systems as they relate to outside broadcast technologies
- Knowledge of UHD and HD vision systems, coupled with an interest and desire to learn about emerging technologies including IP distribution formats such as SMPTE 2110 and 2022-6
- The ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms as necessary
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from clients and colleagues is essential
- Customer awareness and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- Good fundamental knowledge of IT and TCIP networking infrastructure
- Good knowledge of the principles of safety at work as applied in the TV industry
- Ability to work as part of a team and remain calm under pressure
- An awareness of the need to gain and retain the confidence of the customer to ensure an ongoing business relationship
- Willing to work within all Timeline policies, working practices and health and safety guidelines
- Willing to work away from home for extended periods and travel extensively
- A willingness to be contactable and available at short notice on off-duty days to respond to incoming work or to assist colleagues
- Clean UK driving licence
- Previous experience in an operational role in TV outside broadcasting is desirable
- Please note that this is a shift-based role and involves unsociable hours and weekend work
Up to degree/BTEC level or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/06/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Greenford, London, Stratford|
|Additional location information||Outside broadcast locations as required|