Are you an emerging researcher and leader in your field, producing high quality outputs? If so, join us in Belfast, where you will illuminate your research and grow as a Queen’s research leader of the future.
The Vice-Chancellors Illuminate Fellowship is a five-year tenure track scheme that provides you with a career pathway upon successful completion of the Fellowship, to a permanent Senior Lecturer post at Queen’s University Belfast.
Why join us?
Queen's wants to recruit, develop and nurture outstanding researchers who will deliver world-leading research and become our research leaders of the future. This is why we will invest in you with:
- Salary: £43,414 - £53,353 per annum
- Generous fellowship enhancement award of between £20,000 to £50,000 to support your research
- Funding to recruit a full-time PhD student within the first two years of appointment
- A career pathway to a permanent Senior Lecturer post at the end of the Fellowship
- A maximum teaching and administrative workload in years 3, 4 & 5 not exceeding 20% of your time
- A vibrant campus in the heart of Belfast City with award winning libraries and cutting edge facilities Explore our campus
- Excellent relocation expenses in line with Queen's Relocation Policy
- Many other great benefits offered to all Queen’s staff.
As an Illuminate Fellow you will join Queen’s Fellowship Academy which provides bespoke learning and development activities, to support your research vision and leadership development. Alongside growing your networks, within and beyond Queen’s.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
What we are looking for
To be successful at shortlisting you must submit a double sided A4 Research Proposal explaining how this aligns to the area of specialism within the school/centre and your CV/application must demonstrate you have:
- A completed PhD in a relevant subject
- 2 years’ post-PhD experience
- A high quality publication record
- A research profile and plan which is aligned to an existing research strength at Queen’s.
Please note the above is not an exhaustive list.
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing you become part of the next generation of world-class researchers at Queen’s.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £43,414 - £53,353
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 April 2023