Pave’s 10-day Business and Travel Programme in one of the largest cities in the world and the City of Dreams, Mumbai, is designed with industry professionals to give you an in-depth insight into India's unique and dynamic business environment and how this impacts the organisations operating in one of the fastest growing economies today.
You will be challenged through organisation led workshops and will meet a number of individuals ranging from business owners to village dwellers to give you first-hand experience of India's economy, business, culture, political system, legal system and people.
Why do the programme?
Your journey to success will almost certainly start with you. Can anyone ever be the finished article after school? Or after university for that matter? Anyone who’s been through it knows these milestones are just the beginning. Just as they say you only really learn to drive after you’ve passed your test, so we believe your learning only really starts after your formal learning’s finished.
By doing a programme with us, you’ll learn and experience what you can’t at home, in the classroom or in your workplace. It turns out it does matter how you’re turned out and this can only be achieved through the opportunities you seek to take. By investing in your own personal and professional development in a distinct new cultural setting, you are unlocking your potential to stand out from the rest.
If you need a little push to get you started on this journey, perhaps some of these reasons will encourage you to make the leap:
- Travel abroad
- Build your CV and personal brand
- Develop cultural sensibility and exposure
- Experience on an international level
- Learn intercultural perspectives
- Create lasting memories
- Form new and long-lasting friendships
- Grow an international network
- Develop a unique narrative that demonstrates your development
- Become a globally engaged future business leader that employers are increasingly seeking
All in all, if you even have the tiniest urge to travel abroad and gain first-hand international business experience then we encourage you to sign up now. You will learn invaluable business acumen, grow into a more responsible and mature person and, undeniably, create some priceless memories. You will be challenged to develop yourself professionally as well as re-evaluate your own values and cultural norms. And when you return home, you will bring a widened perspective of the world with you to use in your personal and professional life.
What will you gain?
- Immerse yourself in The City of Dreams and explore India’s distinct culture, people and industries that co-exist harmoniously, underpinned by a complex and rich history
- Meet inspirational individuals from various walks of life; entrepreneurs, villagers and social activists to hear their uplifting stories and practically engage in aspects of their life and work
- Work with Indian organisations to develop on and solve real commercial challenges
- Develop your competitive edge and enhance your employability through international experience, a global network and a deep understanding of the distinct eastern business culture
- Unlock your potential and re-evaluate your values and cultural norms whilst creating priceless memories
"The experience and skills I gained through Pave are incomparable. From pre-trip preparation, throughout the programme, and even during the debriefing stages, Pave were consistently supportive and enlightening. The itinerary was intense and enthralling, providing incredible opportunities, such as visits to local villages and slum tours, both of which refreshed my global perspectives.
Additionally, every aspect of the programme offered an insight into international business; interacting with local people, sessions with Mumbai’s start-up companies, and even discussions with industry specialists, all of which have developed my understanding of business on a global scale.
Throughout the programme I met some remarkable people and I would undoubtedly recommend it to anyone interested in gaining international business experience. Thank you Pave!" - Jess Masters, India Business and Travel Programme 2017
Starting: 25 June – 5 July.
What are we looking for?
For the India Business and Travel Programme we are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- A global outlook
- Self-motivation and proactivity
- Effective communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- An adaptable and flexible approach to change
- An interest in international business and culture
For more information on the India Business and Travel Programme, please email us.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 20
Applications should come through our internal application process following the apply link. The process will include an online application form and CV submission, followed by a short telephone/video call
Closing date: 25/10/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 25/10/2018