The Accounts Assistant will provide administrative support to the finance function. You will be working with the finance team to help maintain and smoothly run the accounts department as well as helping in general office duties from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities of the job include:
- Credit card and petty cash reconciliation
- Assisting in month end closing of accounts
- Admin duties including sorting the post, going to post office and ordering stationary
- Assisting with any other ad hoc duties as required
- Checking statements as they arrive to make sure invoices are on xero
- Communicate with all departments in ensuring invoices are approved and signed off
- Handle card request forms to ensure they are all signed and receipts have been provided.
- Scan receipts for petty cash and card spend to Receipt Bank
- Scan signed invoices and attach them to invoices on xero
The role is part time basis, two-three days a week initially for three months. First two weeks of employment will be on probation. The intern will report to Senior Accounts Assistant.
Our headquarters is located few minutes’ walk away from Liverpool street station, Old street and Shoreditch.
Sophia Webster is a rapidly-expanding designer footwear and accessories brand which has created a unique position in the market and is now looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant to assist in the day to day running of the accounts department.
We have around 60 full time members of staff, as well as interns, working from our colourful and lively studio based in Shoreditch, London.
Sophia Webster has gained a number of accolades, including the British Fashion Award for Emerging Accessories Designer and most recently won the Vogue Fashion Fund.
- This role is likely to appeal to someone who has recently graduated from university or studying towards an accountancy or finance degree and wanting to start their career in finance.
- You will be happy to work in a small team of people, as well as being committed to working for a young, dynamic and innovative brand with an independent mind-set.
- You will have a passion for numbers, accuracy and attention to detail.
- You should be a self-motivated person who can work independently, with an ability to deal with a high volume of work maintaining accuracy, speed and efficiency.
Accepted degree subjects
accounting and finance
Zetland House, 109-123 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4LD
Contract and working hours
Temporary · Part-timedaytime
How to apply
Number of vacancies: one
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 25/01/2018