Fairview International School, established in 1978, is a leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, catering for the educational needs of children from age three to 19. With the UK national curriculum at its backbone, the educational programme is delivered through the full IB suite of programmes, beginning with the Early Years through to the Diploma.
The academic team are seeking passionate, talented and dedicated individuals, who are committed to make a real difference both within their role and to the education of their pupils.
Regardless of your field of study, we are offering a two or three year full time teaching position at one of our five campuses located across Malaysia. In line with our ethos to continually develop our employees to a high professional standard, you will be enrolled in a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) which, once completed, will offer the opportunity to top-up to a Masters in Education (MAEd (IB)).
The PGDE aims to develop students both academically and professionally for a career in education therefore, allowing applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Those wishing to enhance their professional learning, and advance towards academic or administrative leadership and management positions, will benefit from progressing onto the MAEd programme. Qualifications are awarded by University College Fairview, which enjoys the prestigious position of being one of 33 universities in the world to be approved by the IB Organisation (IBO).
As the school is rapidly expanding, positions are continuously available. Positions starting from August 2018, however commencement date negotiable.
- Market equivalent teacher's salary
- Return flight to Malaysia
- On-campus or equivalent accommodation including utilities
- Private hospitalisation medical insurance cover
- Sponsored work visa
- Fully funded programme to study Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Fully funded training to qualify for the IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning Award
- Option to top up to a fully-funded Masters in Education (IB)
- Further employment opportunities and career progression following completion of initial contract
Malaysia is one of the most diverse countries in Asia, both in terms of landscape and multicultural influences. With a dynamic developing economy, the country boasts excellent healthcare and educational facilities with a relatively low cost of living, and English being the official language. Its central location and established travel network means it is an excellent gateway to the rest of Asia.
Find your role in education for a better world today.
What we are looking for
Minimum application requirements:
- Bachelors Degree, from any discipline, second class lower or (CGPA 2.5) and above
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
- Application for the position to be emailed with CV and covering letter to Michelle Chian.
- Please also direct any further enquiries or application queries to Michelle Chian.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11/06/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||30|
See main job description