This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring tech individual to join the IT department of a market leading engineering company who develop in-house software that controls the business functions. The successful candidate will be ambitious, motivated and a career driven individual who has a passion for IT and software development. They will be required to assist in everyday tasks such as providing user support, writing code and testing the products in controlled real situations before going live.
- Provide support for in-house applications and solutions, from troubleshooting and system monitoring to incident resolution, in liaison with users on multiple sites.
- Develop and implement fixes and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop and implement new applications, using a range of tools and technologies.
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Supporting and maintaining the systems once they are up and running.
- Reviewing current systems.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements.
- Basic DBA tasks, checking backups and maintenance jobs.
- Answering 1st line support calls.
- Provide windows troubleshooting to users.
- Working with physical/ structured cabling and networking.
- Install and maintain computer hardware, workstations, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Assist with the expansion of the network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
What we are looking for
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen to learn and develop a career in IT.
- Able to work as part of a small team.
- Knowledge with basic windows troubleshooting.
- Experience of networking and windows server.
- Fast and keen learner.
- Highly punctual and organised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Understanding of how to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Experience of developing using Visual Studio.
- A basic knowledge of either VB.NET or C#.
- An understanding of MS SQL Server and basic DBA tasks.
- Knowledge of the following; WinForms, MVC, ASP.NET, HTML, Xamarin.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Profit share scheme
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 5 August 2019
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 August 2019