As an IT support engineer intern for an international financial services business, you will provide effective IT assistance across the business. Reporting directly to the Head of IT, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining desktop environments, user accounts and mailboxes, as well as general maintenance of all hardware and software. The 12 month internship also provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects, including software roll-outs, migrations and service developments.
The role is primarily based in London, but may involve travel to other global offices.
Your line manager will be the Head of IT.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing monitoring alerts and initial troubleshooting
- Escalating IT issues to our outsourced IT service provider as necessary
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Head of IT
- Providing desktop support and maintenance
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Fault-finding for laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user hardware moves
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Preparing documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Head of IT
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all users
LJ Partnership was established in 2009 as a private wealth partnership through a global collaboration of families and entrepreneurs who have sought to take more control of their wealth and investment strategies.
We specialise in the provision of direct investment, investment management and trust & administration services to individuals, families, institutions and foundations.
We offer industry-leading expertise through our partners and teams of wealth professionals, all focused on delivering the best investments to protect and grow the real value of our clients’ assets.
Our clients inform all that we do. Our priority is to build and maintain relationships across generations, working collaboratively with each client to deliver highly personalised solutions as their financial needs evolve.
Our approach is underpinned by four key principles:
We combine institutional rigour with a client-led approach. Our experience and understanding enables us to act as both trusted adviser and principal co-investor.
Having retained our independence from larger financial services businesses, we combine transparency with a discreet approach.
We pride ourselves on our unique culture of collaboration, which combines our entrepreneurial spirit and traditional merchant banking values. Our clients are always at the heart of what we do.
Our clients have access to an integrated global infrastructure through international offices in London, New York, Miami, Hong Kong, Geneva, Isle of Man and Lisbon.
We are looking for a hard working individual who is enthusiastic about all aspects of technology, with a desire to learn what it takes to be successful in IT.
Accepted degree subjects
computer sciences and IT
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: 14/05/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 14/05/2018