CoachBright is an award-winning social enterprise on a mission to support young people from the ages of 10-30 to identify and fulfil their potential.
We do this in two ways. Firstly, by helping pupils from low-income families become independent and resilient so they can lead the lives they want. We believe your background should not determine your future. Our programmes improve a pupil’s grades, confidence and expectations so they can win places at top universities.
Secondly, we train young professionals in coaching skills to develop their interpersonal, communication and leadership skills as well as their self awareness.
We’re at an exciting stage of growth in our fourth year. Working across London, Birmingham, Devon and Wiltshire, we are expanding to work with over 1,000 pupils.
For the first time, this will be from Key Stage 2 right up to Key Stage 5. We are looking for a rising star to join our passionate team and drive our programmes forward.
Finding our London volunteer coaches:
- Delivering a recruitment strategy and meeting a large target number of committed volunteers from London universities.
- Selecting and training our university students:
- Developing and running training days for our volunteer students to ensure they know what it takes to be an academic coach.
- Developing and presenting workshops for pupils as well as organising university trips at the start and end of our programmes.
Coordinating multiple in-school programmes each term:
- Core Programme: University student coaches pupils in Yr 9-13.
- Peer to Peer Programme: Year 12 pupils coach pupils in Yr 7-10.
Maintaining our strong partnerships with schools:
- Being the main point of contact for and building relationships with school staff to ensure the programme is well received and any potential problems are resolved.
- Visiting our schools to monitor the smooth running of our programmes.
- Helping to organise coach meet-ups to build a strong community.
Line managing a team of university student Head Coaches, who will each lead a team of 15-30 volunteer coaches and be our main point of contact for each in-school session.
Programme quality assurance:
- Analysing pupil data to ensure best possible outcomes for each coachee.
- Tracking coach and pupil feedback to ensure an effective response to any issues.
What we are looking for
Essential characteristics and experience
- Passion: we have big aims and are looking for those who share our desire to make education fairer in the UK so a person’s background does not determine their future.
- Presenting: this a public-facing role so you will love communicating and delivering workshops to groups of people (young people, teachers and staff).
- Organisation: working in a fast paced young organisation you’ll be able to work between different programmes and workstreams.
- Communication: strong communication skills, both verbal and written, helping us win support and buy-in from pupils, coaches and teachers alike.
- Resourcefulness: we’re a small, dedicated team - you must be a self-starter prepared for practical roles and lots of responsibility. A willingness to stay solution-focused with last minute challenges is a must!
- Young People: experience in a school or youth organisation as a facilitator.
- Experience recruiting volunteers.
- Experience running social media channels.
- Experience measuring and evaluating impact of youth-based programmes.
- Knowledge of programme design, pedagogy or coaching.
- Knowledge of UK university sector, including knowledge of the UCAS process.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter of no more than 350 words by Thursday 21st June 2018, 12pm.
In the subject line, please mention you are applying for the Programme Officer role in London.
- First round interviews will take place in Central London week beginning Monday 25th June 2018.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21/06/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||1|
Professional Executive Coach Training, matched with a mentor