The analyst role is the first stage in a strategy consultant’s career. It is a highly demanding job – we will expect a lot from you, but you will receive first class training and will gain valuable experience with which to build a successful career. CIL analysts are an integral part of our project teams, and over their first year will be expected to:
- Grasp new business models quickly, typically working on a different project every four-six weeks.
- Take responsibility for testing commercial hypotheses through collecting and interrogating primary and secondary research.
- Carrying out rigorous quantitative analysis of industry and internal company datasets.
- Play a key role in debating and refining hypotheses with the project manager and project leader, drafting clear and concise output for inclusion in the final report once agreed.
- Get in front of clients and help present our findings – we firmly believe that early client exposure is a great way to learn & develop.
- Help coach others. We have two new graduate intakes each year so after six months, our analysts will be expected to support new joiners in their own development.
CIL is a strategy consulting firm with a market-leading position within our niche. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to provide commercial due diligence for leading private equity firms in the UK and Europe. We also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to the UK’s most successful smaller businesses. We work across a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, IT, financial services, energy, manufacturing, leisure, business services and many others.
Although we work in structured project teams, we are socially very equal, lively and inclusive. There are no corner offices, no private fiefdoms, no cliques – we work in open-plan offices and are not political. We think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ.
Uniquely, we have two offices – one in London and one in Frome, near Bath in the South West. Through our Frome office, we offer outstanding opportunities to pursue a career that has the pace and challenge of a city role while enjoying the benefits of working in beautiful Somerset.
Like all consulting firms, we are only as good as our people. In order to continue our strong growth, we want to recruit bright, motivated graduates to join us in both our London and Frome offices starting in either April or September 2017.
We have a team of over 60 highly qualified, highly skilled people. Successful CIL people share some key attributes:
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems
- Motivation and ambition, able to stand on their own two feet
- Strong team working and people skills
- Outstanding numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and quiet self-confidence – we are not an ‘alpha’ environment
- A keen sense of humour and broad shoulders.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We have very strict qualification criteria. These are:
- 2:1 or higher undergraduate degree from a top 20 UK or world class university, any discipline
- At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage
Accepted degree subjects
Rapid, meritocratic progression; generous company bonus scheme; up to 30 days' holiday entitlement; flexible working
Frome · London
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 15-20
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to meet us via the apply now button. Please make sure you state clearly which office (London or Frome) and which intake (April or September) you have a preference for in your application.
For more information on CIL and our recruitment process, please visit our website.
Closing date: 11/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/01/2017