We are looking for a handful of bright graduates to fill a number of Management Trainee roles in our European tourism and hospitality group.
Our 12 or 24-month program provides a hands-on, well-rounded employment experience - working at the head offices in London and Chambery (France), in luxury chalets and villas in France and Spain, family hotels and apartment complexes, chateaux and restaurants.
Our Management Trainee program has run for 30 years and indeed, nearly of the senior management of the group started their careers on the scheme.
As a Management Trainee, you will report directly to one of the company directors or managers, often acting as their personal assistant on a wide range of tasks. Training is very much on-the-job; it is a flexible and evolving programme which is regularly adapted to the needs of the business, and to the strengths and weaknesses of the individual. The aim of the programme is to provide trainees with comprehensive and varied training in all aspects of the tourism and hospitality industries. It is not for the feint-hearted, nor for those who seeking a Monday to Friday existence.
Within the programme, there will also be opportunities to work in our resorts (winter and summer).
The programme is available to both applicants who are either seeking "real-life" work-experience in France for twelve months, and to those who wish to forge a longer-term career. A successful traineeship could lead to substantial career progression.
It is difficult to compare, in financial terms, the Management Trainee salary with, for example, a London Graduate Training Scheme. London is expensive and salaries match it. The costs of living at our French based office are significantly lower. Accommodation is provided for the first three months and when working at a resort hotel.
- Starting salaries range from: E21,000 (2.1) - E24,000 (1st class degree) per annum, for overseas based staff
- 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays.
- Significant discounts on some of our resort accommodation for yourself and family.
- Accommodation and meals can be provided, by one of our overseas partners, at subsidised cost. First three months accommodation provided.
- Access to best value ski equipment hire, lessons etc
We recruit Management Trainees at all times of the year, but especially in the months preceding a ski or summer season. Time is of the essence this year, as the obtention of work permits will become considerably harder after 31 December.
Initially, the contract is for one year. Assuming the initial contract goes well, either a continuation of that contract or a renewal on new terms will be granted.
What we are looking for
- Fluent in French - it is preferable that candidates have studied French at degree level. However, those with a very good level of French but with no formal qualification will also be considered.
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Confident and able take initiative
- Flexible in working hours and days
- A track record of achievements and reliability
Ideally have a 2:1 degree from a Russell-group or similar university
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
If you are interested by this exciting and diverse opportunity, please click Apply button.
Interview will initially be a phone, followed by a face-to-face interview in our London office or video call.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 October 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment