This is an exciting opportunity for an MSc/PhD candidate or equivalent to work with Coventry University and Wolf Systems Ltd, on an approved Innovate UK KTP project. The project will develop and implement a bespoke manufacturing and scheduling system to support increased efficiency and the continued growth of the company.
The Manufacturing Software Engineer (referred to as the associate) will work under the supervision of a university academic and a company supervisor from Wolf Systems. The associate will work to create a novel software programme that simulates the current manufacturing process at Wolf Systems from the point of customer order processing through manufacture and to dispatch to the customer. The associate, with the support of the academic team, will be tasked to identify opportunities for streamlining and productivity gains through incorporating emerging hardware systems and utilising advanced software systems. The role provides the associate with the opportunity to work under joint commercial and academic supervision to apply leading manufacturing software and hardware into a working industrial setting.
In addition to a competitive salary, the package will offer excellent opportunities, company laptop, discounted gym membership and a substantial dedicated training budget tailored towards your own personal development. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a challenging industry first project, delivering technical expertise whilst developing your own management experience.
This is part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between Coventry Univeristy and Wolf Systems L:imited. KTP is a world-leading programme that helps businesses succeed by connecting them to the UK's rich academic resources. It's a partnership between the business seeking expertise, Coventry University and a recently qualified graduate – known as a KTP Associate.
Starting: January 2020.
What we are looking for
- Applied experience of object oriented programming languages (JAVA, and/or Python is essential)
- Experience of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Interest in the field of the manufacturing sector and understanding of manufacturing systems and technologies
- Knowledge of Automation and Robotics
- Knowledge of Agent-based concept
- Knowledge of Project Management (PM) tools and techniques
- Full UK/international driving licence
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Ability to carry out a research project under minimum supervision
- Ability to analyse and interpret results
- Ability to write reports, present, communicate clearly and take responsibility for the project
- Ability to work with colleagues in a manufacturing company at all levels to ensure that knowledge becomes embedded within the company
Good degree in an appropriate subject such as software engineering, software development, or operations management/research. Or, MSc or PhD or equivalent experience in an appropriate subject as software engineering, software development, or operations management/research.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Opportunity to implement cutting edge technology into a working environment. Opportunity to travel, reduced gym membership, laptop and or other computer system
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Job reference: REQ007227
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 November 2019