This is an outward facing role with responsibility for providing credit union services through all channels; messaging, phone, e-mail, post, website and face-to-face.
The Member Services Officer carries out a wide range of duties to support the effective and efficient operation of the Credit Union. These include handling loan enquiries, member data collection, share withdrawals and loan tracking and assessment.
On a day to day level, these duties will be carried out on a rota basis, as directed by the Member Services & Lending Team Lead. Each Member Services Officer will have a balance of duties as required by the current organisational needs. This balance will change from time to time to enable development of staff ability and business improvement.
- Respond to member service needs through all channels to agreed service standards.
- Ensure accurate and timely transaction processing in accordance with the rules, policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Fulfil End of Day routines regarding cash handling, outgoing post and completing member. transactions. On occasion go to the post office with other colleagues to bank cash.
- Take good care of paperwork and member data in line with data protection legislation.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Keep clear workflows and good team communication.
- Produce statistics as required by the organisation.
- Attend training and development opportunities.
- Work alongside other staff, volunteers and directors to achieve required tasks.
- Provide administrative support to management or the board of directors as required.
- Provide cover for other credit union staff in their absence.
- Provide accurate information regarding loan enquiries including careful receipt of loan enquiry and consistent response with appropriate information.
- Process member loan applications including receipt, credit check, affordability assessment and tracking through to disbursement. Assess applications accurately in line with current policy and procedures.
- Identify loan applications requiring additional input from supervisor.
- Maintain straightforward and consistent member communication during loan tracking.
- Conduct face-to-face and phone loan interviews as required.
- Ensure a complete document trail is maintained.
- Assist in investigating and correcting errors, complaints, mispostings or similar.
Main duties and responsibilities for all staff
- Fulfil role in a way which is in keeping with our Credit Union values
- Support the achievement of our Credit Union objectives
- Treat all members fairly and with respect
- Maintain a calm, professional and friendly manner
- Adhere to our Credit Union Confidentiality Pledge
- Follow our Tone of Voice Guide in all communications
- Follow our Credit Union rules, policies and procedures in all work
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement
- Assist in investigating and correcting errors, complaints, mispostings or similar
- Take responsibility for own work
- Keep skills up to date and attend training and development opportunities
- Work alongside other staff, volunteers and directors to achieve required tasks
- Attend staff meetings
- Keep clear work flows and good team communication
- Provide cover for other Credit Union staff in their absence
- Produce statistics as required by the organisation
- Take pride in delivery of a high standard of work without unnecessary support
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job, the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
What we are looking for
- English language - written and spoken.
- Keep calm under pressure. Good communication. Respect all people. Good team working. Work in tune with credit union values.
- Numeracy, people skills, emotional intelligence
- Digital skills – Word, Excel, Outlook Diary management. Operating in Customer Management software eg, CURTAINS by Sercle .
- Strong skills in prioritisation and flexibility. Commitment to excellence. Self motivation and self management. Tact and discretion. Understanding of what makes an effective and well run credit union. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to be trained is important.
- Undergo a credit check and DBS check
- Specific qualifications not required. Minimum GCSE standard in Maths and English.
- Experience working under own initiative.
- Desk based role, use of telephone, use of display screen equipment, talking, listening, and interaction with people experiencing high levels of stress.
- Office environment with access from general public when the front desk is open. Travel to/from community branches may be required.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Manchester · 187 Fog Lane, Burnage
- £21,000 - £24,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 March 2023