Here at Rochdale Council, in partnership with our schools, we are continually striving to raise standards and provide the highest quality educational service. We are an innovative council who like to lead where others will follow. We’re passionate about doing things the Rochdale Way and this drives everything we do. We work hard to make a positive contribution to the lives of pupils in our borough in order to enable every child to reach their full potential. As one of our a newly qualified teachers’, you will have the opportunity to use your skills and expertise to make a real difference within Rochdale’s primary schools.
We operate a primary NQT pool which is open to all newly qualified teachers who will complete initial teacher training in 2018 and have yet to complete their statutory period of induction.
Rochdale is a fantastic place to start your teaching career. We are proud of the success and ambition in our schools and know that you can only add to that.
We are committed to supporting NQTs to develop their skills within our positive and supportive schools. We can offer you:
- Various teaching opportunities in a wide range of school types including small village schools, large urban schools, faith schools and special schools
- A supportive and comprehensive induction programme, along with networking and peer support activities
- Plenty of exciting opportunities for personal and professional development, with access to a wide range of training through the Real Trust
- Ongoing support from all in our forward thinking and innovative children’s services department
- An attractive place to live and work, with beautiful countryside, friendly communities and easy access to Manchester City Centre.
- Some schools also offer recruitment and retention initiatives, the opportunity to commence working during the summer term and payment over the summer holidays
Rochdale Council and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring, background check and Childcare Disqualification Check.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.
We are looking for high quality NQTs to join us in Rochdale, who are:
- Enthusiastic, creative and talented
- Able to provide the highest quality of teaching and learning
- Committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of our children and young people
- Keen to make a positive contribution to our school teams
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Applications close at 12 noon on the closing date.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of your application please telephone the Schools HR team on 01706 925169.
Closing date: 23/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 29/01/2018