We need future financial leaders who can take the NHS forward and deliver the innovative, world-class healthcare that we all depend upon.
We are looking for influential individuals who want a career in finance, delivering deeper value for money in an ever-changing organisation.
If you want to work in the NHS and believe that you can make a difference, our three year training scheme based on work placements in a variety of healthcare organisations within your region offers outstanding development opportunities which will challenge you and reward you every day.
Trainees will be placed within the finance functions of both Commissioning and Provider NHS Organisations within their allocated health economy and will gain experience in a broad range of finance including, financial services, financial management, financial accounting, financial planning and audit.
- Annual leave of 27 days plus eight public holidays
- Generous study leave and exam leave
- Contributory pension scheme, inflation linked
- Full financial support for professional accounting qualification
- Three year training contract
- Access to a wide range of training and development events
- Networking opportunities with senior finance staff
Developing leaders in healthcare finance for the West Midlands, South West and South Central regions.
- Excellent numerical, writing, computer literacy (including excel), oral and presentation skills
- Genuine desire to work in the NHS in the South Central, West Midlands or South West area
- Confident, positive outlook with a ‘can do’ attitude
- High energy, initiative and motivated to succeed.
- Excellent communicator
- Drive and ambition to become a Director of Finance
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2.1 degree or equivalent qualification eg AAT/NVQ with three years relevant work experience
Accepted degree subjects
Newbury · Oxford · Reading · South West England · West Midlands
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two to five in each region
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a verbal and numerical test online. Following the online testing, successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre. These will include a competency based interview, presentation, written exercise and observed group exercise based on an NHS scenario.
Date and location of the Assessment Centre is as follows:
- South Central Region – 22 and 23 February in Reading
- South West and West Midlands – 1 and 2 March in Bristol
Closing date: 09/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017