- Deliver 25 minute class to students. 80% of students are adults, whilst the other 20% are young learners.
- Attend training sessions and meetings in order to improve your teaching skills and improve your booking rate.
- Create and modify your monthly online teaching schedule. You must schedule a minimum of 40 hours a month.
- Send us a weekly report to show the classes taught, your schedule changes and suggestions on how we can improve.
Reasons to teach online with Enlai
- High pay: £8.20 – £10 per hour. This is based on the number of lessons taught in the period of a month. Each lesson should take no more than 30 minutes to prepare and teach. You can teach as many lessons as you want, the more lesson slots you open the higher your hourly pay.
- Convenience and flexibility: you can teach from home or a private location with good wifi and create your own schedule. You can change your schedule as you please or completely turn off your schedule and turn it back on for times when you will be studying or on Holiday. We do ask for notice.
- Easy to start: the entirety of the curriculum has been prepared in advance so there is very little lesson preparation necessary once you get used to teaching online. The entirety of the preparation that is needed to begin can be completed in one to three hours but getting into the flow of things will come with time like any other job.
- Interesting: as an Enlai Teacher we get to be the bridge between two cultures without even leaving our homes：Teach our Japanese students not only the language, but also culture and traditions. In return, learn about Japan from your students.
- Prepare for your future career: You will be involved in an international work environment that involves English language, education and language acquisition. if you plan to go into any of these areas after graduation and you do well teaching with us you can expect a glowing reference that will place a special focus on highlighting our programs relevance to your future career.
- 7/24 support: our team will be able to profile answers and support to you 7/24 365 days of the year.
What are the main difficulties associated with this job?
- There is not really a catch to this job but to make the system work over thousands of miles, a large cultural gap and a nine hour time difference we have to put certain requirements in place to guarantee student satisfaction and in turn to guarantee a high paying and convenient job opportunity. All of these requirements revolve around lesson booking.
- Lessons are booked after they are opened by you so there is no guarantee that your lesson will actually be booked. Most of the time lessons are booked by a student but if you open all your lessons at an inconvenient time of the day, such as very late at night or very early in the morning, there will be less students who will be interested in taking a class with you. If your class times are ranging from early to mid-afternoon there should be no problem with your booking rate.
- You are required to make a short video and to have a profile picture. Japanese students prefer teachers who dress and act with professionalism as most of our students are young professionals, your photo and video need to reflect this in order to achieve a high booking rate. The quality level that is required of the photo and video is of a reasonable standard and is not overly taxing to do well enough to ensure a high booking rate.
- If you open a lesson slot students can book it up to 10 minutes in advance so if you don’t want to be surprised or don’t want to wait around to see if a lesson gets booked you need to close your lesson slot before it is booked. You can close all non-booked lessons at any time. You can also cancel a booked lesson but If you do so within 12 hours of the lesson start time there is a penalty.
Why are our cancelation policies so strict?
Great question. Our Japanese students look upon tardiness extremely unfavourably and will most probably quit our program and move on to a competitor of ours even after just one missed class, we offer free lessons to them as compensation so that they continue to learn with us.
We, under no circumstances, profit off of our missed classes and all deducted monies go to the student as class credit.
Work a minimum of 10 hours a week teaching Japanese Students English via Skype, earning upwards from £9.50 per hour. You can choose your own schedule and work from home. We will provide you with the curriculum and lessons plans.Easily and accessible scheduling system that allows you manage and modify your class bookings on a daily basis. You will be paid monthly and can essentially earn as much as you like – just sign up for more hours.
We are Enlai Total Educational Solutions. A solution provider to teachers, schools, companies, charities, and governments dealing with education.
Our Mission: is to make quality international education more accessible, more robust and more affordable to power a more intelligent society.
Our Vision: To be the last word in educational solutions between the east and west.
Enlai TES is a subsidiary of ADM Computing, the largest technology solutions company in the south of England with a reputation for excellence that spans over 30 years. Enlai takes up the reigns of this legacy by excelling in what ADM does best, namely, finding solutions to the problems that exist in our respective market and doing so in an efficient and innovative way.
ADM Computing is ISO 9001 accredited for Quality Management and ISO 27001 for Information Security Management as well as a Microsoft Gold Partner for software licensing.
ADM Computing is our Western foundation.
We believe that technology has the ability to make a variety of industries more efficient, more dynamic, more accessible and cheaper. By removing the need for a brick and mortar establishment and a long top-down hierarchy we are able to keep things simple and by keeping things simple we are able to make education cheaper for our students while also having more money to pay our online teachers better. That’s how we are able to deliver some of the most affordable English lessons in Japan while having one of the highest paying student jobs in the UK.
- Must be willing to learn how to teach online. One to two hours of personal time to review our videos and other training material on your own.
- Must be responsible, hard-working, punctual and patient with a special emphasis on the requirement to be on time for all your booked lessons.
- Must be a university student or a graduate.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per month.
- Must have a good computer.
- Must have a clear background and a quiet environment to work/teach in.
- Around a 10 - 20 Mbps internet connection or a wired connection. Check your internet speed out.
- Google Chrome: Version 51 or above.
Qualifications and experience requirements
This role would be best suited for punctual and responsible individuals. This job is extremely flexible but requires someone who can keep on top of the schedule they create.
Accepted degree subjects
£9.50 per hour
Prizes and incentive schemes to teach more. paid flights, trips etc
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 100
Please email us a CV and a list of questions if you have any.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/03/2018