GT Centre of Sport is one of the fastest growing sport coaching companies in Kent and are looking for motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic sports coaches, who can deliver engaging sports sessions in and around the boroughs of Bexley and Greenwich. We are a provider in the sports education market, delivering various services into primary schools and local communities.
This is now your chance to be part of our growing business with opportunity to progress within our company. We have clear progression routes and after the first year there is the opportunity to increase your salary. There is even the opportunity to pilot the first franchise of the company.
- Teach with the planning and delivery of PE lessons across the London borough of Bexley, in sports including football, athletics, basketball, gymnastics and dance. Full training on planning, delivery and reflection of PE and school sports will be given throughout the placement
- Be fully aware of health and safety responsibilities before, during and after each session
- Promote the company in order to raise its profile locally, regionally, and nationally. responsibilities will also include distribution of leaflets and attending fairs/fetes
- Monitor and evaluate the PE lessons, outcomes and be able to support ways to make improvements
- Full training provided
- Opportunity for progression
- Qualifications – potential course funding relevant to role
- Opportunity to pilot an independent franchise
- Bonuses for child attendance - evaluated after each term
- Discounts on certain sporting equipment /clothes
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in diverse multicultural environment.
- Understanding and experience of working with children in an educational surrounding.
- Experience and knowledge of coaching in a range of sports. Training will be provided for the successful applicants
- The ability to network and liaise using different methods of communication
- Full UK valid driving licence
- Up to date DBS check (preferred but not essential, as this can be done by the company)
- The selected candidate must be able communicate effectively with performers to ascertain their needs and ambitions, relay information and provide constructive feedback
- With assistance be able to plan and organise a variety of sports sessions and programmes to meet performers’ needs and guide their development
- Analyse and evaluate performance (personal evaluation and that of class members)
- Be open-minded in developing their coaching skills and knowledge
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to evaluate their own skills and knowledge and constantly work to develop and improve on them
- Enthusiastic and innovative - must show a real passion to sports teaching and the ability to produce original and fresh ideas in the sporting environment
- Good organisational skills and the ability to ensure trust in others
BA Hons in physical education and sport
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£12,000 - £16,000
depending on experience