Devon & Cornwall Police are looking for people from all backgrounds to become Police Officers and become a key part of our Police Family.
Are you resilient, a good communicator, strong working on your own and as part of a team, and always able to remain calm in challenging situations? Then a career as a Police Officer could be for you.
Policing is a challenging career that demands a high level of personal integrity and responsibility. Working as a Police Constable is an interesting and rewarding role that once you have completed your first-class training for will reward you with an extraordinary job that is like no other.
Once you've completed your probationary period and your appointment as a Police Officer has been confirmed, you can then continue your professional development and specialise in over 175 roles. As a new Police Officer you’ll follow an extensive training plan, learning on the job from experienced colleagues. This will be supported by training from our in-house team.
After 37 weeks you’ll reach independent patrol status and when you finish your training you’ll have earned a fully funded vocational degree in Policing Professional Practice.
If you’ve already graduated it doesn’t matter what subject your degree is in. The important thing is that by earning one you’ve already demonstrated the ability to research, evaluate and present evidence.
Applications from ethnic and other diverse backgrounds are encouraged, regardless of citizenship, as long as you have no restrictions to your stay in the UK.
Be a part of something bigger. Join Devon & Cornwall Police today.
What we are looking for
- Able to develop a deep knowledge and understanding of a local community including society composition, the needs of the vulnerable and local safety issues.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to set out logical arguments clearly and adapt language, form and message to meet the needs of different people/ audiences.
- Good team working skills demonstrating awareness of individual differences and providing support as required.
- Able to proactively develop effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders, understanding their needs and concerns.
- Able to identify the drivers of behaviour, acting with discretion and emotional intelligence to manage conflict and defuse difficult situations.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to identify cause and effect and develop an evidence-based course of action designed to target root causes as well as manage impacts.
- Able to interpret and apply guidance to a specific activity.
- Able to critically question and identify potential opportunities to enhance efficiency and/or effectiveness within area of work.
- Able to identify, analyse and manage risk to inform balanced, proportionate, evidence based decisions.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £19,164- £24,780
Apprenticeship starting salary: £19,164; Degree starting salary: £24,780 based on a full time (40 hours)
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
To apply for this role please click the 'Apply' button. You will then be taken to a registration page. Please complete this registration form to create an account, once created you will be taken to the application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 November 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 November 2022