Morgan Motor Company, based in Malvern, Worcestershire, is working with the Department of Digital Transformation in the School of Computing and Digital Technology at Birmingham City University to implement optimised IT systems and processes, and bring about organisational change to achieve improved manufacturing efficiencies to support their growth strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT or IT manufacturing and business graduate to develop and implement a digital transformation strategy to support IT re-implementation plan to support business growth and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will have access to a £2,000 per annum training budget and also be supported and mentored by academics in the University who will visit Morgan weekly to support you.
The Graduate known as the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate role presents a unique and exciting opportunity to work in collaboration with leading academics at Birmingham City University (BCU) to apply knowledge and technical innovation, delivered on site at the company.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme part-funded grant through Innovate UK. KTPs provide 1000+ high calibre jobs working with business across the UK and offer a wide range of benefits including access to a £2,000 per annum (£4,000 in total) Personal Development budget to upskill during the project - more information on https://www.ktp-uk.org/
Morgan Motor Company (Morgan) is a family-owned manufacturer that hand-builds iconic British sports cars, famous the world over for their unique blend of exceptional craftmanship, heritage and pure driving experience. For more information please visit:
The successful graduate will be employed by Birmingham City University and will be seconded/based at Morgan Motor Company based in Malvern, Worcestershire (WR14 2LL). The successful candidate will be supported and mentored by academics from The Department of Digital Transformation in the School of Computing and Digital Technology. This position is fixed position 24 months.
The Associate will be expected to lead and deliver the digital transformation KTP project, managing the expectations of various stakeholders, under the guidance and support of both an academic and a company supervisor throughout the project. There is a fully written work plan and project plan to follow to assist you during the project.
What we are looking for
- You will hold a good first degree (equivalent to a First Class or 2:1 Honours) in an IT or IT and manufacturing systems or IT and business systems degree with experience in IT systems development and HCI systems integration and change management methodologies. A Master’s degree in a closely related discipline will be an added advantage.
- A good understanding of IT systems development and HCI from at least one year's experience of the role.
- Practical working experience of manufacturing industry preferably including collaborations with R&D and production in continuous improvement.
- Experience of lean and Kaizen methods.
- Completion of a substantial digital change project in either university or industry.
- Understanding of the complex relationship between people, information, processes and technology.
- Keen interest in the developing enabling strategies to facilitate business growth through organisational change.
- Analysing and redesigning business processes to improve performance and productivity.
- Experience of developing data-driven dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills and should be willing to actively and effectively communicate between a range of specialists.
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and industrial partners will be essential.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills in research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Willingness to take ownership of the project, developing skills in financial, project management, multidisciplinary working, etc.
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills and be confident in dealing with clients. Client management means critical and creative thinking capability, so they need to be open, friendly and adaptable.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to take a proactive role that will successfully deliver the work plan in the proposal.
- Practical working experience of Design Thinking to solve complex real-world problems.
- Ability to apply strategic analysis tools.
- Involvement in the implementation of a new culture of continuous improvement using soft systems methods.
- Practiced in training and mentoring to embed new IT capabilities.
- Ability to document strategic initiatives and new standard operating procedures including online manuals accessible to all employees.
- Familiarity with Plan-Do-Check-Act team working to embed best practice.
- You will be challenged to develop a set of organisational, project management, and personal skills. You must be a proficient communicator and engage fully with all stakeholders, seminars, workshops and events to highlight the work of the project.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- computer sciences and information technology
Additional job details
- Worcestershire · Malvern Link
- £26,000 - £28,000
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interview date: 29th September 2022.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 September 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 4 September 2022