“When I grow up, I want to be a recruiter”, said no one ever.
Let’s be honest, when we were younger, we wanted to be an astronaut, a footballer, a popstar, a prime minister… okay maybe not the last one, but no one ever grows up with the burning desire to enter the recruitment world. With this said, those who enter it and do well, can do incredibly well.
Coming out of University, it’s not uncommon to be unsure on your career path. Believe me, we’ve all been there! Our advice would be to make a checklist of what motivates you and what you want to get from a career, rather than making a list of potential jobs… If your checklist matches the below, then maybe recruitment is for you:
- Money motivated (Work in a role where I can dictate my own earnings. If I work harder, I will earn more)
- Fast progression (I’d like the opportunity to perform and progress into management and above in a short amount of time)
- Competitive environment (I’d like to work with likeminded, motivated and ambitious people, within a competitive environment so we can get the best out of each other)
- Work with People (I’d like to be in contact and working with ‘people’ every day to build relationships. I’m also a social butterfly and would love to have fun with my colleagues)
- Fast paced, with highs and lows (I’d like every day to be different, with amazing highs and challenging lows where I have to show resilience to keep on going
- Challenge (I want genuine challenge. I’d like to work in a role where I challenge my abilities and my character, with the aim of overcoming them to be successful)
A career in recruitment can be an extremely rewarding one, but that doesn’t come before hard work.
“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary” Vince Lombardi
The strong commercial element allows you to, in theory, manage your own business which is quite an attractive prospect to self-starting graduates. You will learn everything from interviewing candidates and the psychological elements of working with people, to negotiation, advanced sales and marketing.
Here at Equation, we will help you to figure out what you’re motivations are and what environment you will thrive in. Recruitment is a big world… over £32 billion in turnover and there are many sectors of recruitment you can move into. For example, you can work in a recruitment role which requires you to work tirelessly to recruit 15 member of staff for the 1st day of the next month, making your client very happy. Alternatively, you could work in a role which requires you to recruit the next CEO for a Medical Device blue-chip organization. There are countless industry sectors and levels of recruitment at your fingertips.
Depending on your preferences and motivations, Our team will be able to advise and help you understand which area of recruitment you will thrive in. Simply apply and we will take care of the rest.
So… if you like money, want to make a real impact and carve your own career path, what are you waiting for.
Starting: Immediate or Summer 2019.
What we are looking for
Either graduated with a university degree, or is in final year of university and applying for a future start date.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/03/2019
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||20|