Faculty of Natural Sciences, Research Services
Imperial’s Faculty of Natural Sciences carries out world-leading research in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences.
The College wishes to recruit a Research Services Administrator to work within the Faculty of Natural Sciences. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a genuine interest in supporting scientific research to gain wide-ranging experience within a Higher Education environment.
Key duties will include:
- Taking ownership of managing a portfolio of research project grants, which will involve the checking of all costs, costing and approval of staff contracts, reconciliation of financial accounts and invoicing
- Providing day to day support and advice to academic and administrative staff on research grants and sponsor’s terms and conditions
- Communicating with various departments across the College
- Liaising with a wide range of external funding bodies, including charities, research councils, government departments, the European Commission and industrial sponsors
- Proven experience and understanding of research grant and contract administrative processes
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to influence people
- Excellent written, verbal and numerical skills with experience of interpreting and communicating financial data
- Excellent IT skills, especially in research finance related packages
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Self motivated, good attention to detail, proven organisational skills and ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines
- A flexible approach to work and ability to prioritise your workload to meet sponsor deadlines
- A concern for detail, accuracy and professionalism
- Proven ability to keep abreast of sponsor terms and conditions and to disseminate this information appropriately.
- Previous knowledge of research grants and contracts in Higher Education is desirable
Accepted degree subjects
£30,160 to £34,270
South Kensington Campus
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Our preferred method of application is online via our website. Please complete and upload an application form as directed.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Two Ticks Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Closing date: 12/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 12/12/2016