Starboard is a consultancy founded in 2015 that works with private, public and not-for-profit sector clients to accelerate organisational performance by enhancing their strategic alignment, engagement and leadership. We have an award-winning track record and a proven approach. We also run a successful Awards programme, the Business Culture Awards to recognise best-in-class approaches to creating exceptional organisational culture. Our business is expanding and therefore we are recruiting for an entry-level position, which would be ideal for a highly-motivated graduate to gain professional and business development experience.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and administration of our business activities, ensuring the efficient running of our consultancy. You will work very closely with the consultancy owners and see how a business builds its client base, develops new products and services, and delivers exceptional work. You will learn how the associate relationship with other consultancies builds up a portfolio approach to meet a client’s business needs.
To enable business development, you will learn to deliver marketing communications to prospective clients, and be responsible for much of the day-to-day coordination and administration of prospective client follow-up and approaches. You must be able to take responsibility for your own time and work, and have the diligence and resourcefulness to complete a number of tasks with support from your manager, but you will also be working alone at times and therefore will need to develop a high level of self-sufficiency.
You will be given on-the-job training and general support to help you get accustomed to our ethos and ways of working.
Business development and project support
- Conducting client communications, following up with prospective clients and ensuring that all business leads are followed through
- Operating the company’s social media (currently Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Compiling marketing materials (liaising with designer, printers and undertaking some simple in-house design)
- Conducting website updates and ensuring that all client-facing company information remains current and compelling
- Preparing business proposals (e.g. Creating PowerPoint and Prezi presentations, researching data, sourcing images online)
- Proof reading documents (e.g. presentations and proposals)
- Assisting with organising company events (e.g. the Awards’ Dinner, client business breakfasts, business conferences)
- Sourcing and booking venues (e.g. client presentations, training and workshops)
- The job could involve travel dependent on client projects
- Diary management and travel booking
- Client duties (e.g. answering phones, printing, scanning)
- Ensuring office supplies are replenished (e.g. stationery)
- Producing and processing invoices and expense claims
- Carrying out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested by the leadership team
Due to the nature of the position, it could lead to a career in various disciplines including business development or marketing or consulting dependent on the individual’s progress.
Starboard is a management consultancy, with an office in St Albans, 20mins north of central London.
Starboard Thinking is a fast-growing business. We are experts in enabling organisational high performance through culture, leadership and engagement. We understand how these elements need to perform in a branded world. Our objective is to create high-performing-teams at every level of our client's organisation who are aligned to one purpose and strategy. We partner with executives and senior managers – both individually and as a team – facilitating and coaching them to align their organisation and its people for maximum success. We partner leading clients in the UK and globally.
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive - reflecting our business personality
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and pride in accuracy
- Demonstrates an ability to work well in a team, handle responsibility and focus on the task at hand when under pressure
- Is a quick learner and able to draw on that knowledge to work autonomously
- Is able to prioritise and organise workload to meet deadlines
- Exhibits the ability to think laterally
- Shows the potential to further their problem-solving abilities
- Is pro-active with the desire to learn and develop
- Remains calm under pressure
- Be educated to degree standard with ideally a business/marketing/finance related degree (e.g. Business, Marketing, Sociology, Psychology, Economics etc.)
- Have experience working in a customer or client facing role
- Office experience is highly desirable
- Must be numerate and comfortable with numbers and spread sheets
- Microsoft office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrable, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Established ability to remain calm under pressure
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: one
The application process will be in three stages:
- Please email your CV with Sales & Marketing Assistant in the subject title - please include a brief statement about why you would like to become part of the Starboard team.
- Successful candidates will be invited for an interview by Skype, or in person if logistically simple.
- The final round will be a face-to-face interview where you will be required to complete an activity to be confirmed closer to the time.
Closing date: 25/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 23/10/2017