As a Salesperson – Grade One you will be responsible for proactively creating and retaining an account base of customers for which Grundon will provide the best possible waste solutions. You will manage both new and existing accounts from initial sale right through to ensuring service delivery and beyond by securing long term relationships and repeat business from your client base within a competitive market. The role will involve cold calling and making your own appointments to visit clients face to face within your target area.
- Undertake cold calling in order to develop new business, observing any safety-related risks of prospective customers’ sites.
- Manage a set of accounts and ensure maximisation of sales by offering add -on services.
- Follow up all sales enquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure that customer accounts are maintained and regular courtesy visits are paid.
- Submit a monthly sales report to the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Resolve account problems by liaising with the transport and accounts departments.
- Ensure full compliance with company policies and procedures including health and safety and employment.
- Full current UK driving licence.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Competent in Microsoft Office and using databases.
- Possess good time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate persuasive, inquisitive and convincing ability.
- Demonstrate confident ‘can do’ attitude and demonstrate a passion for sales.
- Be confident, well presented and capable of negotiating confidently.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new systems.
- Numerate and confident with the written word.
- Self motivated and able to work alone and within a team.
- Place a high importance on excellent customer service
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 06/03/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/03/2017