The role of Senior Knowledge Exchange Coordinator will play a major role in liaising with the wider related actives of commercial and business development across the university and undertake additional activities that feed into the university’s strategic priorities.
You will play an important role in supporting the Head of Knowledge Exchange in Enterprise and Business Development to meet the university’s challenging targets for increasing engagement with businesses through promoting and selling a portfolio of Knowledge Exchange activities including (Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, Collaborative Research and Development, ERDF supported activities such as KEEP, contract research, consultancy, continuing professional development and short courses).
The University of Hertfordshire is internationally renowned as the UK’s leading business-facing university and our vision is to be “a new model of a university through far reaching engagement with business, community and international partners; shaping the future success of its graduates operating in the global environment and advancing the prosperity of its region”. The university has a long-established track record in working with businesses and public sector bodies facing the need for strategic development.
The university offers a range of benefits including a pension scheme, professional development, family friendly policies, a fee waiver of 50% for all children of staff under the age of 21 at the start of the course, discounted memberships at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and generous annual leave.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A good honours degree and/or a postgraduate degree or professional qualification
- Demonstrable understanding/ experience at the HEI/Business Interface
- Significant experience in project management, preferably in a business to business or HEI and business context
- A thorough understanding of the UK HEI sector including experience in the design and delivery of ‘for client/external’ programmes (public and private sector)
- Experience of supervision/management of divergent teams
- Fully IT literate (MS Project, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Experience in organising and giving presentations to a range of audiences
- Experience in customer relationship management tools and techniques
Accepted degree subjects
Grade: UH8. Possible further progression to £49,149 pa on achieving designated skills and experience
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Interview Date: 12 April 2018. Vacancy ID: 016078.
Contact details/informal enquiries: Dr Phil Fiddaman, Deputy Director of Business Development, telephone: 01707 284117,
Closing date: 25/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 25/03/2018