The Ski Club of Great Britain, the UK’s largest snow sports membership organisation is seeking two Ski Sales & Operations Executives to join the Ski Club Holidays team, the ski holiday specialist for Ski Club of Great Britain members.
Part of a small but social team, this busy and interesting role encompasses a varied range of tasks essential to the successful running of the tour operation. This is a fantastic role for a recent graduate as it gives you insight on all aspects of tour operations, including sales, operations, product development and contracting.
Tasks include proactively selling our unique ski holidays and helping with member enquiries and special requests, along side coordinating the operations of individual trips - liaising and sending updates to hoteliers, airlines, mountain guides and other suppliers.
Ski Club Freshtracks Programme (150+ groups per season)
- Proactively selling holidays and processing bookings
- Answering calls from Ski Club members and suppliers
- Assessing members’ skiing standards
- Adhering to contracts deadlines – confirming flights and hotels and sending updates to hoteliers, airlines and other suppliers
- Maintaining close liaison with Club Reps prior / during / post each group
- Preparing Reps’ packs and giving briefings prior to each group departure
- Preparing travel itineraries and sending out flight information
- Processing post holiday administration, ski standards and accounts
- Monitoring holiday feedback
- Sending brochure mailings
- Assisting with marketing activities
- Occasional Saturday and evenings work required throughout the season including manning of the duty phone
What we are looking for
- A highly organised excellent communicator who is motivated and enjoys administration Attention to detail is vital to managing the operations of the trips.
- The ability to make effective decisions and demonstrate initiative whilst working to fixed deadlines is essential.
- English mother tongue preferred; additionally French, German or Italian are advantageous.
- We are ideally looking for an enthusiastic skier/snowboarder with a good knowledge of ski resorts in the Alps.
- Enthusiastic skier/snowboarder
- Self motivated team player
- Computer literate - Word processing, spreadsheet and database packages
- Good written and oral communication skills (including letter layout)
- Strong administration skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Proven sales and customer service record
- Ability to work under pressure
- Used to working to deadlines
- Experience in / knowledge of the ski/travel industry
- Previous office experience
- Worked a ski season
- Fluency in French/German/Italian - spoken and written
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- c£21,000 pro rata
Discretionary bonus; Travel insurance
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to Katy Ellis, Head of holidays, via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22 August 2022