In collaboration with Teesside University, this initial 12 month role offers an exciting opportunity. Medicor Software Limited based in Stockton on Tees - delivering Intelligent Improvement to the NHS.
Specialising in the delivery of clinical efficiency, workforce productivity and financial improvement in the NHS. Medicor is growing rapidly in terms of revenue and reputation within the market.
Medicor use a bespoke analysis and simulation solution combined with a hands on delivery framework. We now have an exciting opportunity for a software development graduate to join our team in order to develop a replacement software solution. The new software solution will support the growth in size and complexity of the technical side of the business.
The replacement system will collect, analyse and report on large datasets as well as enable live options simulation modelling. The solution will be web enabled, intuitive and engaging for users.
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 25 days plus bank holidays annual leave per year
- Ability to communicate - orally and in writing - clearly and professionally with personnel at all levels of a company or organisation;
- Motivated, organised and able to deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Eligible to work in the UK (because this is a fixed-term post);
- Experience of soliciting user software requirements;
- Knowledge of enterprise software architecture styles and design patterns;
- Knowledge of user interface and user experience design;
- Experience of using Visual Basic for Applications within Microsoft Excel;
- Experience of using software project management tools (e.g. source control, bug tracking);
- Experience of creating and maintaining databases;
- Knowledge of cloud computing;
- Experience of provisioning and configuring virtual machines;
- Full driving licence and access to transport.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- First or upper second-class honours degree in computer science, software engineering, computing or a related subject;
- Experience of designing, developing and testing software applications—especially web services, web apps or mobile apps;
- Experience of creating and using spreadsheets;
Accepted degree subjects
Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
there will be some travel required
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter, via the Apply button, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed in the questions above.
Closing date: 05/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 05/01/2018