A well-established supplier of software used throughout the power industry are seeking to hire a Junior Software Developer to help develop products that reflect the industry shift away from fossil fuels.
Based in a science park, NETPark in Sedgefield, this company consistently beats their competitors with market leading solutions. They are looking to further enhance their product suite by enabling customers to take part in new markets and use new power generation technologies such as, battery storage, solar, wind and demand side response. The role of Graduate Software Developer will encompass supporting the company’s software development team through the development of automated tests and software development tools. Through this work you will gain experience of software in the power generation industry that will enable you to transition to more senior roles.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved with a company that is actively engaged with the major participants in the energy industry at a time of innovation and use of new technologies.
Key technologies we use:
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role of Junior Software Developer you should:
- Have good understanding of software development
- Have a desire to become a professional software developer
- Have a willingness to learn new technologies and enjoy solving problems
- Have an interest in learning how the power industry operates
- Have a degree or higher in Computer Science or related subject such as Physics, Mathematics or Engineering
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Bonus, flexible working
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 1 August 2019
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 August 2019