- This project is fully/part funded by ERDF
- It could potentially lead into further funded projects with Birmingham City University
- We cannot support any Visa requirements
UK Dies Group Ltd. needs a new bespoke costing and planning system. This requires the Affiliate to be familiar with Pascal and C# and be able to run both systems concurrently until the legacy system can be safely removed completely. The system will be required to better manage business costs and minimising non-value added (NVA) activities and waste.
With an ability to assess, scope and develop an effective online costing and planning system sympathetic to existing business and manufacturing processes around specification, procurement and implementation planning. You will be critical to improving the company’s baseline performance. You will be able to update procedures and analyse the impact of new systems and equipment on overall company performance from an operational, technical and financial standpoint.
Being a confident communicator with well-developed interpersonal, presentational and networking skills, you will be able to liaise with internal and external clients, to build a system that will influence client purchasing decisions and generate sales. You will also be able to use your creativity, innovation and enthusiasm to manage multiple deadlines and to ensure the project is completed in line with UK Dies objectives.
Six months fixed term contract.
UK Dies Group Limited is one of the largest fastener tooling manufacturers in Europe. They specialize in hot and cold formed tooling dies, servicing the fastener industry. They manufacturer licensed products to their customers through Taptite© and Torx ©. The fastener industry covers a number of different market sectors and they currently have customers primarily in the automotive and aerospace sector.
- Able to lead a critical IT project
- Be creative and think of the big picture
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently and to manage multiple deadlines effectively
- Good organisational and time management skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
Qualified to degree level in computing or a computing related degree, along with a good understanding of Microsoft Office applications, you will have a portfolio of knowledge and skills that can be used to add value to this exciting project.
Specific knowledge and skills:
- Be proficient in C#
- Can pick up a new programming language quickly for reverse engineering.
- Understanding of (or ability to) hardware protocols, RS232, RS485, TCP/IP (Ethernet).
- Have a high level of general IT, including PC maintenance, networking and security.
- Be familiar with internet protocols POP3, SMTP, FTP, and HTTP.
- Has the ability to liaise with all management and operational work
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
Accepted degree subjects
up to £23,000
Contract and working hours
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter, quoting the reference:014
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/04/2018