There is currently an opportunity within the company for a Software Engineer. Working in our development team we want to give you the exciting opportunity of creating and building systems from the ground up, you will be given the freedom to use your expertise to deliver on our projects in the methods you see fit. You will have the opportunity of being at the forefront of a cutting edge business and gaining the satisfaction of making it better.
You will be writing software from scratch for a variety of projects including an exciting new product we are developing, so it is expected that you will be adept at writing code and learning code in a variety of languages – we do not have a preference in terms of particular codes/ languages that you write in – we will leave that choice up to you, however there may be situations where you are required to write in specific languages so you must have the ability to learn quickly.
You will also help to scope potential future projects to assess their viability.
This role requires a self -motivated graduate with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and a knowledge / interest in coding, computing and learning
This role will involve:
- Coding – lots of it, you will be primarily helping us build two new solutions that we are going to use internally and as a commercial product to clients
- Meeting with clients to hear about their requirements
- Working with the management to scope client projects
What we are looking for
You will have a degree in computing / computer science and be able to answer the questions below.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed in the questions below, via the Apply button.
You must be able to answer yes to the following questions and show examples in your covering letter
- Do you have a relevant degree or experience of building and delivering bespoke software?
- Can you code (this is an absolute must)
- Are you able to learn new computer language quickly
- Have you got a willingness to learn and to take on a challenge
Interview date: throughout June.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22/06/2018
Additional job details