Global Water Intelligence is seeking a creative and talented graduate with an excellent command of written English to join us full-time at our Oxford office. We are an independent publisher and event organiser that specialises in high-level business intelligence on the global water sector.
You will also work on our online intelligence platform, GWI WaterData – a cutting-edge strategy and navigation tool for the global water market. You will edit analysis written by our international team of researchers, create charts and diagrams using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, lay out and prepare content for both print and web formats, and develop a database of images for use in our publications.
Typical work activities would include:
- Ensuring that the highest standard of copy is published in print and online. This involves fixing spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, improving the flow and structure of material, and checking that content adheres to house style
- Writing concise and informative headlines, standfirsts and captions for both print and online audiences
- Preparing and publishing content for customer-facing marketing and editorial campaigns
- Using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to design and lay out content, visualising data to create insightful charts and diagrams, and ensuring that content is web and print-ready
- Creating high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
Six-month probationary period.
What we are looking for
- Scrupulous attention to detail, taking pride in a high-quality end product
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to see the visual angle and synthesise complex issues into simple graphics
- A flexible and resourceful approach to work, with the ability to work well in a team
In addition, the following skills would be desirable:
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS and SVG)
2:1 or higher degree in a relevant field.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter to Charlotte Massey, explaining in fewer than 200 words why you are applying for the job and what you think you can contribute to us that would make a real difference.
We will discard the applications which do not come with covering letters. Shortlisted applicants will be sent a skills test and, depending on performance in this test, applicants will be invited for interview.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to offer feedback on any applications not carried through the interview stage.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 09/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13/08/2018
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Based at: Media Analytics Ltd, Suite C, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford OX1 1XX, UK|