To be a successful Analyst at Lazard, you’ll be a strategist, a relationship-builder and an innovator. As part of a diverse team, you’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with senior and junior colleagues on transactions for high-profile global clients. Immersed in our small team culture, you’ll experience first-hand what it means to be truly involved in some of the most complex and transformational deals in the market.
Financial and strategic advice; mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; corporate restructurings; special committee assignments; takeover defences; joint ventures; and raising capital: Lazard Analysts can experience it all - rotating around teams and benefitting from exceptional training.
Thinking there’s a lot to learn? There is. But, you’ll learn from your peers. You’ll learn from senior colleagues. You’ll learn as you work. So, whatever subject you’re reading, all you need right now is a passion and flair for thinking differently and deeply about the challenge in front of you - whatever it might be.
Get a different perspective on your career opportunity.
Whether you realise it or not, you’ve already got the skills we’re looking for.
What we are looking for
Key competencies include: acting with integrity; appreciating the bigger picture; attitude and presence; critical thinking; motivation and fit with Lazard culture; building and maintaining relationships; demonstrating sound analysis and use of evidence; communicating with impact; quality and delivery focus.
We also assess an ability to demonstrate technical knowledge whereby candidates are expected to:
- Confidently articulate an understanding of investment banking concepts
- Give accurate descriptions of technical methodologies
- Show an understanding of the M&A market
- Reflect an aptitude to learn and develop in a financial setting
- Show a genuine interest in banking and finance
We appreciate the strong transferable skills that graduates from these disciplines can bring, and we provide full support and training to set them up for successful careers at Lazard.
- You’ll be in your penultimate year of studies (i.e. expected graduation date of 2021) with a minimum predicted or obtained 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent if you are studying outside the UK)
- You must have obtained a minimum of ABB in your top three A-levels (or equivalent qualification), excluding general studies
- We welcome and encourage applications from all degree disciplines
If you do not meet the qualification criteria but there are extenuating circumstances pertaining to your results, we recommend that you submit an application and explain the situation on your form in the relevant box provided.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 November 2019