Supply Analyst, Aviation Fuel EMEA (Fluent German) required by a Fortune 500 fuel company in London Victoria.
World Fuel Services requires a Supply Analyst to cover a broad scope of responsibilities related to bulk fuel supply operations, logistics and scheduling of fuel and fuel-related services. The role is also responsible for the day to day hedging of physical position. Fluent German speaking and writing skills are essential for this role. This role reports to a Supply Manager.
World Fuel Services Corporation is a Fortune 500 company providing aviation, marine and land energy, logistics, and technology solutions to customers and suppliers around the world. Our global team of local professionals delivers innovative products and services at more than 8,000 global locations.
With revenues in excess of $27 billion and over 5,000 employees worldwide, World Fuel Services offers its customers a value-added outsource service for supply, quality control, logistical support and price risk management.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Inventory management and scheduling – actively manage and schedule the company’s fuel inventories to ensure optimal inventory balances. Ensure correct and ratable scheduling of fuel deliveries into inventory, including interfacing with IntoPlane Agents, suppliers and service providers.
- Pipeline scheduling and truck dispatch – schedule and monitor both pipeline and truck deliveries into various inventory locations. Develop an optimal blend of supply based on current or new supply options.
- Bulk transaction processing and administration - ensure timely and accurate bulk transaction entry, verification and processing including payments and receivables.
- Supply and market analytics – help perform on-going analysis of supply and demand patterns in inventory locations of responsibility to ensure optimal supply blend. Gain understanding of fuel supply and logistics options and pricing (ie. pipeline, truck, storage) and perform analysis related to the same.
- Creation of weekly CXL haulage nominations for both Self Supply locations and GA locations.
- Daily liaison with haulage companies and sites regarding missed loads/delivery issues, liaising with the operator for that location.
- Development and analysis of quarterly KPIs for current haulage contracts to ensure they are meeting their contractual requirements.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A desire to work within the field of supply chain management and the commodities industry is essential.
- Fluent German speaking and writing skills are essential.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Analytical ability and strong numerical skills are essential.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Being a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills is important.
- Knowledge of hedging and price risk management process is desirable.
- Supply chain management experience, gained within an oil provider, is desirable but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 25/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 25/02/2018