The Therapist/Trainee Therapist is responsible for working alongside young people and staff at Glebe House and assisting in the operation of the therapeutic community that provides treatment for the young people.
To assist in the delivery and smooth running of the service in a manner that is compatible with Glebe House’s overall policies and procedures within the therapeutic ethos of the service.
To deliver specialist individual and group intervention to the young people at Glebe House.
To implement and review treatment plans and undertake risk assessments, behaviour management plans and reviews.
Due to lone working with young people this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check. There is an expectation that therapists will participate in the on-call rota.
What we offer
- Pension – contributions higher than government minimum requirement
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme (free counselling, financial advice, legal information)
- Non-contributory meals onsite
- Enhanced DBS is essential, so we pay for this
What we are looking for
- Working therapeutically with young people or adults.
- Therapy qualification with full registration with professional body (BABCP, BACP, HCPC etc) or working towards therapy qualification with student membership with professional body.
- Good knowledge of safeguarding policy for children and vulnerable adults
- Good understanding of the transition services
- Case management skills
- An understanding of the value of working in an equal opportunity framework, and a commitment to implementing equal opportunities
- A demonstrable understanding of the needs of individuals in care
- A demonstrable understanding of the needs of young people and those who work with them.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to demand and maintain consistently high standards and expectations in frequently challenging circumstances
- Demonstrable positive and patient approach towards young people with learning and behavioural difficulties
- An ability to write accurate, comprehensive and succinct written reports
- Proven ability to work using own initiative to plan and manage own workload
- A valid and current driving licence is essential.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £31,500 - £33,000
subject to experience and qualification
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to download application form.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 October 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 October 2022