- Project Coordination - assist with the development and community regeneration programme, monitor and update on u current projects. Including, the review of the development process from start through to completion.
- Assist the Development team in compiling feasibility studies including liaising with design consultants.
- Assist the Development staff with preparing and monitoring the programme budget to include grant, and private funding requirements.
- Assist with the delivery of development projects in accordance with agreed design and specification standards from inception through to final account and end of year defects.
- Assist with the preparation and review of development strategies
- Assist with relevant grant applications via the Scottish Government HARP application process.
- Support the Development Manager in the with the appointment of consultants and contractors in accordance with Maryhill Housing’s Procurement and Development Procedures.
- Organise valuations and surveys for acquisitions of land/new stock
- Assist in handling invoicing for the department.
- Assist with general departmental tasks such as answering telephone enquiries, emails and written correspondence. Act as the first point of contact for general development enquiries
- Ensure the Development records are updated monthly accurately and in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Development of customer satisfaction surveys and presentation of results
- Preparation of reports, statistics and other information as required.
- Update and maintenance of online information relating to the Development team and project progress
- Work with partnering organisations in line with their policies and procedures to promote, market and communicate development plans via the use of social media and websites
Value for Money
- Assist with monitoring of the performance of consultants and contractors, ensuring performance against targets is reviewed at the appropriate stages
- Assist with developing internal processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- Engage with local communities, prospective and existing customers, colleagues within Queens Cross Housing Association, FLAIR Housing Association’s, external service agencies and other stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for Maryhill Housing, specifically as an agent of positive change for the North Glasgow area – physical, social, environmental and economic.
- Assist in Maryhill’s aim to reduce the negative impact of services on the environment by considering the sustainability of activities and resources employed.
- Assist in Maryhill’s aim to promote the positive impacts it can have on sustainability.
Sustainability of demand for Maryhill Housing’s stock and that of partner organisations.
- Carry out any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Head of Development and the Development Managers and undertake any duties subsequently allocated by the Association’s management
- Work effectively and collaboratively within the Development team ensuring that our values are lived on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, statutory and legal requirements and other directives
- Comply with MH’s policies including our code of conduct, health and safety, anti-fraud and bribery and equalities policies
- Ensure effective communication in plain language, both internally and externally, to ensure people are informed, engaged and find it easy to access our services and contact us and understand our information and the decisions we make
- Maximise the use of ICT to improve efficiency, increase productivity and develop new and existing services
- Produce accurate and timely performance information and data, including information required for regulatory and statutory returns and implementing actions arising from internal and external audits as directed
- Actively seek ways to engage customers in shaping and influencing our services, seek and use feedback, including working positively to support our tenant scrutiny group and Registered Tenants Organisations
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
In addition, you will receive an excellent benefits package, which includes 25 days annual leave, 15 days public holiday and access to a contributory pension scheme.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25 May 2022