The Trainee Property Manager role at LiFE Residential is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop a comprehensive understanding of the world of Property Management, while developing a depth of industry knowledge and technical competencies in your specialist field.
The Trainee Property Manager position is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of new-build properties across London for client landlords. You will receive full lengthy training and ongoing support from experienced team members to help you achieve a high level of performance and to equip you with expert knowledge to become a qualified Property Manager.
Key responsibilities: What will you do?
- Act as central point of contact for all landlords, tenants, developers, suppliers and contractors.
- Arranging repairs, maintenance and purchases as and when they arise within reasonable time-scale.
- Liaise with contractors to obtain comparative quotations for maintenance works for our client landlords.
- Ensuring landlords are compliant in accordance to regulations and contractual obligations through instructing safety certificates/works.
- Provide accurate updates on IT systems and management of client account.
- Complete all administrative functions to ensure the accuracy of Landlord and tenant information, billing/invoicing and payment details.
- Coordinate repairs and administrative tasks for new tenancies and end of tenancies.
- Process notices from tenants and Section 21 Notices.
- Liaise with tenant and landlords during the check-out process, determining deposit deductions and settling disputes in accordance with ARLA regulations and MyDeposits.
- Process insurance claims on behalf of client landlords.
Your personal development
To help you gain widespread knowledge of the property industry and promote your professional development you will be undertaking a Level 3 Award in Residential Lettings and Property Management (NFoPP) course funded by the company within the first six months of your employment. You will also have monthly meetings with your Team Leader to discuss and track your progression.
Why choose a career with LiFE?
Competitive salaries | KPI bonuses | Clear career progression | Employee training | NFoPP qualification | Company parties | additional day of holiday for your birthday | Friday snacks | Fresh fruit for everyone
What we are looking for
A highly motivated and hardworking team player willing to develop and progress within the company and property industry. The successful candidate will work well under pressure and thrive in challenging roles. Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and ability to solve problems is required.
Preferred individual skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Exceptional organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills and data inputting skills.
- Expert communicator capable of effectively managing conflict and solving problems.
- Ability to multi-task by employing effective time management strategies in a fast-paced environment.
- Be well presented and communicate with internal and external clients, contractors and developers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and strong dedication to the job and company.
- Live up to the department standard requirement.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 02/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details