Our travel consultants pride themselves on their ability to exactly match the most appropriate travel products with the client's individual needs and exceed their expectations at every opportunity. As a result Trailfinders has sent over 15 million clients off on their travels since its inception in 1970 and over 80% of our clients are either referred to us by word of mouth or have travelled with us before.
Each client's initial contact with Trailfinders is a phone call or a visit to one of our travel centres. This provides an excellent opportunity for consultants to actively sell our wide range of flights, accommodation and tailormade products and to promote the comprehensive services of our One Stop Travel Shop: Passport and Visa Service, Travel Insurance, Travel Clinic, Honeymoon & Celebration Gift Lists and the Travel Goods & Essentials Shop.
Our consultants are highly trained and knowledgeable and between them have travelled to over 96% of the world's countries. This along with access to the reservation system Galileo and an array of unique in-house systems and up to date information enables our consultants to sell enthusiastically, professionally and with confidence, offering service and advice that is second to none in the industry.
Since our inception in 1970 Trailfinders have sent over 15 million clients off on their travels.
We now employ over 1000 people throughout our 32 travel centres in the UK and Ireland. As pioneers of tailormade travel we believe there is no substitute for one-on-one bespoke service. Our Travel Consultants have between them travelled to 96% of the world's countries and offer knowledge and service second to none in the industry.
Virtually every member of our head office team and senior staff started their career as a trainee Travel Consultant. We recruit almost exclusively from internal applicants when it comes to promotions and new positions.
The ideal travel consultant will be passionate about all things travel. Essential are the ability and the desire to sell, plan and advise on travel arrangements to a diverse client base whilst delivering an unparalleled level of client care.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A confident approach to building rapport and forging exceptional client relationships.
- Ideally successful experience of working in a target based sales role; otherwise the drive to succeed in an environment designed to reward excellence with proven persuasive and influencing skills and a results orientated nature.
- A strong worldwide geographical awareness as well as extensive and recent first hand travel experience, with particular preference for travel in Australia & New Zealand, America & Canada or Asia. A sound geographical knowledge of Europe only is required for our specialist Europe Department in Kensington.
- Previous experience of working in a busy, pressurized office environment, competent PC and keyboard skills with the ability to effectively and quickly manage multiple software applications simultaneously.
- A good standard of education, ideally to degree level, and the ability to multi task and quickly interpret a large volume of complex information whilst communicating effectively with clients over the phone and face to face.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, a close attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a regimented corporate working environment.
Accepted degree subjects
Exceptional training, sales incentives, discounted travel, free lunch & annual travel insurance, inhouse promotions.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/09/2018