Successful candidates will be involved in the development of new data-driven online platforms focusing on the healthcare market and maintenance of existing databases. The ideal candidate would utilise creative problem-solving to resolve issues, be able to work autonomously and demonstrate analytical thinking.
Responsibilities and activities of the role will include:
- Programming front and back-end code modules in PHP
- Maintenance of existing code modules, including optimisation of code, removal of legacy code, identifying bugs and carrying out relevant testing to ensure reliability
- Updating and migration of PHP versions in a timely manner to ensure current security practices are followed
- Documentation of source code and database schemas in a clear and concise manner
The position reports to the senior programmer as part of a compact dynamic team.
Black Swan Analysis promises to provide a strong, supportive development environment in which the right candidate can grow and develop into areas which excite & motivate them while engaging in stimulating work.
What we are looking for
Either educated to degree level in a computing-related discipline, or at least 2 years previous experience working as a web developer. While the databases focus primarily on the healthcare sector, no experience in healthcare is required.
The candidate must have these skills, knowledge and experience:
- A code sample from previous project.
- At least two years previous work experience or graduate in IT sector with experience developing PHP web applications
- Experience using any PHP frameworks including Laravel, Symfony, Zend or other
- Experience using Content Management Systems including Wordpress, MODx or other.
In addition, the successful candidate needs to be relatively autonomous, display a high level of integrity, punctuality and teamwork.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Competitive salary
Private health insurance
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 6 June 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21 June 2019