Prospects has announced that it will host a new series of Virtual Careers Fairs, bringing together high calibre students and graduates with career, education and lifestyle opportunities
Prospects Summer Virtual Careers Fair will take place at Prospects.ac.uk from 12-3pm on Wednesday 5 June 2019. Several more are being planned for the autumn.
Graduate employers and recruiters, as well as providers of postgraduate courses and gap years, can host a virtual, branded exhibition space to share company or course information.
Exhibitors are encouraged to take advantage of the digital tools available, such as an on-demand video booth and webinar facility, giving students greater insight into their opportunities. They can also answer questions and communicate one-to-one with students through a live Q&A or chat tool.
A series of talks will also be available from careers advisers, who will be on-hand to provide support and advice.
Sarah Brookes, marketing director at Prospects, said: 'Attending careers fairs on campus can be demanding and stressful for all involved. While exhibitors are restricted by time and budget, students are faced with the pressure of balancing study with job hunting. By offering a virtual solution we hope to eliminate some of those issues, creating a forum that is accessible to all no matter how busy or where they are located in the world.
'June is a key time for students unsure about what they want to do after graduation, so we expect a lot of interest as they try to make sense of all of the opportunities available to them.'
Prospects Virtual Careers Fair will be fully optimised across all devices. Digital reporting and event content will be made available to exhibitors after the fair.
Organisations and education providers can register their interest at firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 29 May 2019.
- Clare Tregaskis : press officer, 07792 429227, email@example.com
Prospects has worked at the heart of the higher education sector for almost 50 years and is the only careers organisation to invest its profits back into education through its parent charity, the Higher Education Careers Services Unit (HECSU). Prospects HECSU is the Universities UK agency responsible for student and graduate employability.
Prospects' mission is to provide all students with expert careers information, advice and opportunities leading to a bright future. Activities include:
- Prospects.ac.uk, visited by more than two million students and graduates a month for careers advice, jobs, courses, internships and unique tools such as Career Planner and Job Match.
- Prospects Hedd, UK higher education's official degree verification and university authentication service.
- Prospects manages the government-supported Graduate Talent Pool, an online service that matches employers with graduate interns.
- Graduate labour market research such as What do graduates do?
- Prospects Luminate, the home of student and graduate labour market information and research.