Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Access to the Master’s degree programme in economics and management at Aarhus University requires the successful completion of one of the following bachelor’s degree programmes:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and management from Aarhus University (bsc.oecon.)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and management from the University of Copenhagen (bsc.oecon.)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and management from the University of Southern Denmark (bsc.oecon.)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics from Aalborg University (BSc in economics)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics-economics from Aarhus University (BSc in mathematics-economics)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics-economics from the University of Copenhagen (BSc in mathematics-economics)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics-economics from the University of Southern Denmark (bsc.scient.oecon.)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics-economics from Aalborg University (BSc in mathematics-economics)
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy at Aarhus University (BSc in public policy)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and business administration (BSc in business administration and BSc (B), i.e. HA Almen). From the intake of September 2019 this degree will no longer give direct access to the Master’s degree programme in Economics and Management.
Applicants without the educational background described above, who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a related field at other universities, may apply for admission to have their study activities evaluated to determine if admission is possible. Please notice that these applicants must, as a minimum, have the following areas covered in their Bachelor’s degree programme in order to be admitted into the programme:
- Microeconomy (20 ECTS)
- Macroeconomy (20 ECTS)
- Statistics and Econometrics (20 ECTS)
- Finance and Investment (20 ECTS)
- Mathematics (15 ECTS).
Months of entry
January, February, August, September
The two-year MSc programme in Economics gives students an in-depth familiarity with a range of economics and management disciplines. The programme is flexible, as students can specialize within a specific field or a combination of economics and management.
Researchers within the programme work in the fields of accounting, finance, macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics, and economics of business. The MSc programme allows students to create a personal academic profile within one or across several of these fields. Progress in the chosen courses is closely followed and monitored to ensure the students’ academic development. Each semester, the department offers about 25 elective courses. The broad range of courses allows you to specialize in a particular field of interest and to compose an individual course programme.
The courses are taught on a high level and requires that students are interested in and are thoroughly versed in mathematics, econometrics, and economic theory.
Information for international students
Since English is the language of instruction in all subjects, all applicants are required to provide documentation for their English language qualifications. Please see the page on English language requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Guidance Service
- +45 871 652 68